Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Cant figure out how to turn whatever it ia i need to turn off to do a burn out?? After i hit the traction control button i can only spin the tiresfor afewseconds before it grabs. I do have two pictures il post. Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chally tatum

Thanks for the video. I pushed it in once quick. And it did chime...and showed the car with the word off lit up...then i held the button in for 5 to 10 seconds longer and the only thing that changed was the car with the off....went back off....nothing showed up at the bottom of my speedo....i dont have the 6 speed or the track pack??? Would that male a difference???? Its like i was gonna do a burn out for a few friends is all.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chally tatum

Would it by chance help if i posted a video of what im doing??? But i did follow along and try it when the guy in the video done it...thanks for any help!!!!

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT 8
264 Posts
Get a SRT8 !! LOL

Mine spins when I don't want it to !! LOL

These cars do hook up well with sticky tires, what's on yours ???

My next set is gonna be under 300 tread wear and change has needed...………………….

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,562 Posts
Thanks for the video. I pushed it in once quick. And it did chime...and showed the car with the word off lit up...then i held the button in for 5 to 10 seconds longer and the only thing that changed was the car with the off....went back off....nothing showed up at the bottom of my speedo....i dont have the 6 speed or the track pack??? Would that male a difference???? Its like i was gonna do a burn out for a few friends is all.
I am not terribly familiar with pre-2015 models but it looks like you might need the "no esp" or "tazer" from zautomotive. The links below give more background.

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f37/esp-2012-can-i-turn-off-80459/
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f37/noesp-device-any-experiences-74039/

My 2015 RT M6 (no STP) can do burnouts if I deactivate TC but if I try to do donuts ESP fights me. Only solution was to get a tazer.

·
Registered
677 Posts
RT cars can only turn it part way off. Traction control is still present even when you hit the off button.

Zautomotive makes a ESP kill switch that you can wire in that completely deletes esp, or you can make your own kill switch (Google “esp kill switch”). I have a zautomotive one in my 13’ Challenger RT and my 06’ Charger Daytona. Both with plumbed in line locks as well. Both work at the strip.
Here’s a link: https://zautomotive.com/product/noesp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,364 Posts
I believe this can be done if you have STP (Super Track Pack) on a 2012

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,364 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,562 Posts
Yes...it did give me the standard options..thanks...alot of my options wasnt on there? Or do you have to pay for that or what?
The link provides a window sticker and/or build sheet. I usually download both...attached are example files. If you see on the build sheet the optional equipment list starts on the 5th page.

Oh wait, nevermind A Guy posted your actual build sheet. BTW your window sticker is not available. Anyways, he is right...you don't have STP which means you will need some other way (i.e. Zautomotive module) to deactivate ESP/TC.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks chally

Yea i forgot to mention it told me wi dow sticker not available...thanks for the help and the links...very much appreciated!!!
Going with halos first then if i can find some i like...i do t really get into doing burn outs anyways i like to keep my stuff up and nice....friends will have to watch someone else do a burn out lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts