Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if anyone has a challenger scat pack widebody that has reached 11s.... if so what do you have done to the car?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,478 Posts
My guess would be a good tune and some sticky tires. Just because the back tires are big, doesn't meant that they'll hook up. Compound is Much more important than size is. A big set of drag radial's would make it considerably easier. If this didn't put you in the eleven's, I'd bet that you'd be Really close. Going on a low DA night (cooler air and no humidity, such as 50-75° weather is Great especially on a well prepped track).

An example would be the X275 Drag Radial class in drag racing. They are making a ton more power than our cars do and they can hook it on those 275mm tires because of the softer compound.

My other suggestion is unless you know your car and how it works, then get out and get some practice on things like: Using launch control or not, what rpm do you leave the line at (I'd guess that this would be dependent on if you'd be on drag radials or street tires because drags would hold up to extra rpm's). Practice Never hurts.

I don't think that it would take much because our cars make pretty good power from the factory and Dodge doesn't leave a ton of power on the table. This is just my uneducated guess though and maybe one of the Guys who've been in the elevens will chime in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts