Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went hunting for some rims for my 2012 SRT8 after one cracked and another had road rash. Found some rims in beautiful condition I thought were identical. Turns out the center hole is a smaller diameter. My center cap has DODGE on it, the new rims have the rams head. Any idea what these might have come on? For my old Chevy stuff you can decode numbers. Is there information like that for these cars?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
There should be a set of numbers on the back inside by the spokes, one of these numbers is a part number. I am guessing that you're wondering if you got a replica or OEM rim.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
That wheel was the standard wheel on 2008-2010 srt challengers
It was also available from the factory as an option on the 2008 srt magnums

I don’t remember offhand when the center cap changed sizes though. Probably went to the larger center cap in 2011.

Billet tech used to make replacement center caps in both sizes, not sure if they still do.
They were fairly expensive and a bit of a pain to install as they mount from the rear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
OEM Chrysler wheels will have the signature Pentastar logo on the inside of the wheel rim preceding the various serial numbers. If the Pentastar logo is not there, then it is not OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts