Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the track for the first time in 2020. The DA was pretty terrible (our elevation is 2300 fasl as is, the DA had us at 3300), but the track wasn't busy at all, so I took the time to focus on dropping my 60'. I'm running a set of nitto 555R 275s in a 20" wheel. This is my first time back to the track since doing the cradle bushing install and I wanted to see how well I could launch without worrying about wheelhop.

l tried a bunch of different launches. I tried 3000rpm going hard into the throttle, 3500 rpm hard on the throttle and 3000 rolling just slightly into it and then stomping on the throttle after. All of these launches the car hooked perfectly for and all of them felt like really strong powerful launches. However checking my timeslips after I got a lot of 2.2 and 2.1 60'times. Nothing better than that. I couldn't even break a 2.0. I'm so confused as to how to improve it. Hammering the throttle at 3 grand and getting a totally clean launch seems like a best case scenario for launching a manual car. But I'm still left with 2.1 60's.

Have any of you M6 guys tried anything that you found really worked for your 60' times?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Sounds pretty high for launching rpm. But as long as she's hooking

I think you can look into a good drag spring setup that will transfer the weight better maybe

Do you have launch control ? Is it all off of the clutch?

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No launch control, it’s all clutch.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
A lot of the torque of the 5.7 is in the he 1500-2500 range I would try to actually launch around 2-2500 to maximize torque and possibly run down the 60'

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of the torque of the 5.7 is in the he 1500-2500 range I would try to actually launch around 2-2500 to maximize torque and possibly run down the 60'

I guess I've never really tried launching lower since trying to nail down good 60' times. It almost seems counterintuitive, but the 5.7 does make good power down low, it's definitely worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Here's my latest Dyno. Not sure what you have done to yours but mine is all stock Bolton's such as 6.4 intake man and 6.4 headers and tuned with cats and exhaust. So I feel it still representative of the stock power curve. You can see at least on my run, torque was already headed down at 3,500. You really wanna be in that 2500 ballpark imo

I was making peak torque (left) @ 3500.

Again I could be wrong on this, but to run down your 60' you want to be approaching peak while you are rolling to accelerate quicker? If that makes sense?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts