Registered
389 Posts
Here come my next mod, still to read, pages 5-9

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts
can u buy the full wire from dealer
Not unless you buy the whole headliner. The harness comes already glued to the headliner from the factory

·
Registered
2 Posts
im not understanding how to enable the compass,
it needs to be enabled. ok, what do i do to get it enabled?
what needs to be done to get it to work?

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts
You need someone with cda software to do it. No other way. What part of the country are you in?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
395 Posts
I programmed the Homelink in our '15 SXT for all three garage door openers with no problems. The Homelink in our '07 Commander would just not learn the newest opener. I mentioned to my neighbor, who owns a garage door company, that trying to program the Jeep's Homelink for the new garage was driving me nuts. He just said the Homelink in the '07 was too old to work with the new opener.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DEEP South Texas USA.
im confident to add steering switches on my 2010 Charger Rallye(it has ESP off button so i should have the correct SCM), but not so sure on the EVIC since you need homelink.
will I still be able to scroll thru the menus on the EVIC without homelink?
im really close of thinking of getting a basic 2011 challenger cluster (EVIC standard equipped) so i dont have to worry about homelink and premium TPMS
my concern on the 2011 challenger cluster is will the ambient temperature read out in my 2010 Charger?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Need help with my Homelink / Compass install.

I have a 2013 Challenger SRT8 CORE. It didn't have Homelink. I bought and installed the OEM headliner wiring harness part# 68079665AB and the Homelink Module part# 1HT94XDVAA. The Homelink and compass are listed as avaliable options on the 2013 CORE. I went to the dealer to get them added to my VIN and activated with the StarScan tool. After they pulled up my Vin , these options don't exist for my car and they said they cannot add them. Can anybody help me with this?:surprise:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Bump for similar issue.

I have a 2013 Challenger SRT8 CORE. It didn't have Homelink. I bought and installed the OEM headliner wiring harness part# 68079665AB and the Homelink Module part# 1HT94XDVAA. The Homelink and compass are listed as avaliable options on the 2013 CORE. I went to the dealer to get them added to my VIN and activated with the StarScan tool. After they pulled up my Vin , these options don't exist for my car and they said they cannot add them. Can anybody help me with this?:surprise:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Hi everyone! Bringing up this thread from its 3 year slumber. With the advent of AlfaOBD I wonder if it might be possible to activate the compass on the ‘09 thru ‘14 Challengers with the Homelink module upgrade. I hope that simply having the CAN connected might allow it to work. I know it is not a huge deal to have a compass especially after not having it in this particular car for the past 9 years but it would be neat to get it to work anyway.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,897 Posts
Hi everyone! Bringing up this thread from its 3 year slumber. With the advent of AlfaOBD I wonder if it might be possible to activate the compass on the ‘09 thru ‘14 Challengers with the Homelink module upgrade. I hope that simply having the CAN connected might allow it to work. I know it is not a huge deal to have a compass especially after not having it in this particular car for the past 9 years but it would be neat to get it to work anyway.
Best way to see how is to get someone with a pre-2015 to post a read of their BCM with compass and homelink installed.

That was the only way I was able to figure out how to get launch control to work on my 2015.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Success with programming the compass and Homelink display in the EVIC.
Standard disclaimer-do any of these changes at your own risk and BACKUP YOUR TIPM LOG BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.
As I reported in the other thread I started to ask for some information I had success in programming the Compass and as a side effect the Homelink to display in the EVIC of my 2011 SS/T Challenger with the transplanted EOM (Electronic Overhead Module) from a Charger. Back when we originally did this mod, AlfaOBD did not exist and no dealer would or could touch the computer changes. Thanks to @ChallyTatum and @GSBrockman for responding whiched helped to narrow down what needed to be done.
1. I have AlfaOBD 2.1.7.7 and an OBDLinkMX. So this is a combination assumed to work.
2. First this make a complete backup of the TIPM. This is done in 2 steps. "Read System ID" then "Read System Status". The log file created is TIPM_CGW_Info.log
3. Under Car Configuration Change scroll down to find "Cabin Network: EOM Electronic Overhead Module: Not Set"
4. Change to "Cabin Network: EOM Electronic Overhead Module: Set" NOTE you must do this in order for the compass to be activated.
5. Scroll back up to "Vehicle Config 2: Compass Temp. Display Present: Not Set"
6. Change to "Vehicle Config 2: Compass Temp. Display Present: Set" The compass heading may show up quickly in the EVIC.
That's it. Back out of AlfaOBD and remove the OBDLinkMX. A side effect of setting the EOM is that the Homelink is now communicating and the functions display on the EVIC. No more blind Homelink training.
Standard disclaimer-do any of these changes at your own risk and BACKUP YOUR TIPM LOG BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. Thank you. Pictures to follow:

YAY! Compass heading!

Homelink Transmit

Homelink Training

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
Sure?

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,897 Posts
I wonder how often the poles flip on her? The last pole flip earth experienced was 780,000 years ago.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts