Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Gut the drive train and start over... My saga began with a shiny new Arrington 440 short block, a set of phase 4 heads and lots of help from co-workers, Lx community members, customers, and some awsome vendors. My PB with my 80 thousand mile Charger RT was [email protected]. Wasn't planning on doing anything until after the 1st of the year but when Arrington set sponsorship of the track rental they basicly said "You will have that 440 in RIGHT???..". Needless to say I got the hint. So The scramble Began 1st Dan (FLYBYU) for cheering me on, Dave My parts Manager supplied the 3.06 getrag swap parts necesary, Builder Bill the Trans that is totally mental when it shifts, American Racing Headers the SUPER 1 7/8 catless headers with 3 1/2 inch collectors, No Limit Motorsports the Corsa cat back, Josh HHP the AWSOME on loan Welds until my Bogarts get here, Jeremy PPP for the skinnies, the Hoosiers, and an Underdrive Pulley, Joe at Pro Torque the BILLET Low Stall Converter, Chris (JUNIOR 666) his hard work many of the 5 nites even until 1 am, Vinny Q and Little Vinny at My shop, and John (FROZEN) his Van to truck supplies and have a trailer on hand should anything have gone wrong. The Net result after finishing the car at 10PM SUNDAY night before the rental
[email protected] Right off the street 1st pass ever with combo. 100 Miles on the motor FULL interior and No skinnies as I forgot the special lug nuts at home. Here are the specifics

60 1.651
330 4.725
1/8th [email protected]
1000 9.521
1/4 [email protected]

After not being in the seat of my own car for over 5 years it was really huge for me to be able to get this far. I feel like with refinement I can run 10's pretty consistantly on Motor with FULL interior whch is what I want. All day was on Straight 93 octane and the Arrington 440 Performed FLAWLESSLY all day. Some issues with the Getrag but I already have a solution as it appears the clutches fried leaving me doing 1 wheel burnouts :(. It was a true pleasure meeting up with everyone and seeing so many Personal Bests from the community! Off to Sema Ill post Pics when I get back.
Thanks
A.J.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice Work!! I'd love to have you power plant!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts