Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts
I'm sure AAC heats them. I just didn't want to mess with it.
If they do , I'd sure like to see it or hear it from them. I dang near crazed the lexan lens cooking one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We use patients and a heat gun, heat the composite side of the headlight only. Make sure all if any screws are removed in the back and heat the locking tabs till pliable enough to bend up. 1500 watt heat gun is more then enough takes us about 15-20 minutes per light to open

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Wow!! Thanks for this amount of details, it is really great info.
I wouldn't dare to do it on mine :)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
What if they are for a reason or another not working (like any bulb with time), you have to disassemble all the front end again and do the same described job?
It is a big problem!

·
Registered
269 Posts
can i ask why you cut the headlight open vs putting it in an oven for 15 minutes at 120 degrees? that way they just peel apart..

·
Registered
5 Posts
yea they wont just pull apart after you heat them. Its going to require a flat tip screw driver to get it started. Work your way all the way around the light prying the lens away from the composite. It will disfigure the plastic but you can re shape it while its warm. You may have to re-heat it several times depending on how fast you do the above step. Make sure all retaining clips and screws are out.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
it did when i did the ones on my silverado..

I've done two sets of Mopar headlights, a 2001 Dodge Stratus and my 07 Chrysler 300c and I can tell you beyond any shadow of a doubt that baking them for 15 @ 120 won't get them apart.. More like MULTIPLE bakings at nearly 200.....

·
Registered
466 Posts
or do it yourself for 50 bucks.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
SpudRacer,
I know the article is a little old, but I don't see the photos for your halo install how-to. Do you still have them posted anywhere?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts