Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purchase a new 2012 Challenger R/T for my wife on friday, tomorrow its gets lowered, new 20's, nav system and a few other goodies
stay tune will post the transformation starting with Mopar stage 1 springs
Luke

·
Registered
251 Posts
purchase a new 2012 Challenger R/T for my wife on friday, tomorrow its gets lowered, new 20's, nav system and a few other goodies
stay tune will post the transformation starting with Mopar stage 1 springs
Luke

Can't wait to see the finished results.

Is it okay to put those Mopar stage 1s on a 2012, thought those were for 2008-10 or something?

How much do they lower the front/back?

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the project car a 2012 Challenger R/T auto

front height before

rear height before

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't wait to see the finished results.

Is it okay to put those Mopar stage 1s on a 2012, thought those were for 2008-10 or something?

How much do they lower the front/back?

we install them all the time
Luke

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the transformation is nearly completed

this is the standard shock we normally find on all r/t and se models, the nivomat that people talk about are much larger in diameter, we use the Mopar Stage One
on nearly every 2009 to 2012 without any issues

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
for comparison, since we started with 18 inch wheels, here is with same wheels and tires, 20 inch wheels

fronts

rear

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the vehicle clearly dropped approx 1 inch front and back, once the vehicle has been driven for a few days will re-measure, should drop another 1/2 inch once it has had a chance to settle.....as yet to back out of the bay
luke

·
Registered
68 Posts
on a 2009 r/t are you required to replace the rear shocks? and when you get some seat time, can you let us know how they compare to the SRT springs?

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we very rarely lower srt's, dont know how to answer the question
take a look at your rear shocks, and look at the picture we posted of the rear shocks on this 2012, if their very similar, it will work, thanks
Luke v

ps we have never change shocks to lower a Challenger on any R/T or SE

·
Registered
529 Posts
we very rarely lower srt's, dont know how to answer the question
take a look at your rear shocks, and look at the picture we posted of the rear shocks on this 2012, if their very similar, it will work, thanks
Luke v

ps we have never change shocks to lower a Challenger on any R/T or SE

I thought the rear Nivomats needed to be replaced on the 6spd cars since they were designed to work with the stock springs?

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we never replace rear shocks, at least not yet, we have lowered a bunch of 2009 thru 2012 without ever replacing rear shocks......the header orange car feature here is my wife's 2012 R/T auto and the redline below is mine, stp 6 speed R/T, also lowered with the Mopar Stage 1

Luke

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
car as not been driven yet, need to settle for a few days,
however

after front

rear after

after the car has been driven and sat overnite the front has now dropped to 29 inches, an additional drop of .5 inch since first measured, the rear has not dropped at all
Luke

ps to recap

front now measures 29 inches and rear measures 30 inches, measured at the center of the wheel

·
Registered
68 Posts
i was referring to how the mopar springs ride quality compare to stock SRT suspension. Im debating on going with mopar stage 1 or factory SRT suspension on my 6-sp RT. BTW.. great lookin r/t you have there

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was referring to how the mopar springs ride quality compare to stock SRT suspension. Im debating on going with mopar stage 1 or factory SRT suspension on my 6-sp RT. BTW.. great lookin r/t you have there
sorry have no experience with srt springs on non srt vehicles, we dont install them, what i can tell you, there is no significant difference between the stock springs to the Mopar stage 1 springs, my wife really didnt see any difference when we drove the car last nite and cannot remember any customer that we lowered their Challenger complain on the ride quality, im sure there is some additional harshness difference and additional stiffness, but not significant

luke

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Luke, coming from a lowerd ram (6/8 drop) i just dont want to do that all over again. Thanks for the info.

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anytime, been driving mine for nearly a year with no complaint, im sure there is a difference, but im quite happy with it
Luke

1 - 20 of 156 Posts
About this Discussion
155 Replies
40 Participants
stevewhiteparts
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing