Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Going to have a local Katzkin dealer install seatcovers for my Scat.

It costs less (and I would feel better) to just bring them my front seats.

The seats have heating and ventilation, how hard is it to get them out?

Thanks for your time,

Varooom

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts

Choose 2018 Dodge Challenger (2019 not listed yet, it's the same)

Repair

Body> Interior> Seats> Seat, Front> Seat, Front> Removal

It's basically what's in the picture ;) Disconnect the battery first, and don't reconnect until everything is reconnected (Airbags don't ya know)

A Guy

·
Registered
413 Posts
(4 ) bolts. (E12) U need an E12 socket. Piece of cake. (2) electrical plugs you undo. I pull my passenger seat every time I drag race. I have never disconnected the battery and have zero issues in my Scat.

Reactions: rickytan

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello all,
Going to have a local Katzkin dealer install seatcovers for my Scat.

It costs less (and I would feel better) to just bring them my front seats.

The seats have heating and ventilation, how hard is it to get them out?

Thanks for your time,

Varooom
Did you get the cloth interior and pics when you get the Catsklnz.
I am probably going this route also.
Aftermarket stereo also.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts
Surely you get an airbag warning with the seat out? Once you reconnect it, it just goes away? Since he's just getting the seats done, and not wanting to drive it with them disconnected, it would seem easiest to disconnect the battery until it's all back together, but if no issue resetting ABS, etc. I suppose it's not mandatory. I'd do it anyway, Airbags would scare me, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
413 Posts
Surely you get an airbag warning with the seat out? Once you reconnect it, it just goes away? Since he's just getting the seats done, and not wanting to drive it with them disconnected, it would seem easiest to disconnect the battery until it's all back together, but if no issue resetting ABS, etc. I suppose it's not mandatory. I'd do it anyway, Airbags would scare me, lol

A Guy
You are definitely correct Guy. I do get an air bag light that is temporary until I reinstall the seat. No scanner is needed to remove the light. For me...this is not an operational issue.

Sine he cannot drive it with no seats....disconnecting the Battery seems overkill. But you are correct....for maximum safety....disconnect the battery.

The reason I do not disconnect it.....a good friend of mine is a Master Dodge Tech for 25 years now. I consulted with him before I removed it the first time.....and he reassured me they NEVER disconnect the battery removing and reinstalling the seats during maintenance procedures. Since then...I have removed / reinstalled 5 or 6 times with no issues. But...thanks for the clarification Guy :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts