Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer says it will pull the paint off and won't do it. Warm day/hair dryer and peel 'em off?

Anyone done this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yup works good did it on my old Chevy Z71 emblems on the side of my truck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well Shooter,I just changed out my side stripes on my 2010 R/T.I went from black to white and used a heat gun.I just started at a corner and used the heat sparingly and they peeled right off.I had both sides completly off within a half hour.Then I used regular rubbing acohol on a micro fibre towel to remove any glue residue left.It worked like a charm all decals from the factory should come off just as easy.If the paint comes off from lifting decals than its not much of a paint job.Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup works good did it on my old Chevy Z71 emblems on the side of my truck.
Well Shooter,I just changed out my side stripes on my 2010 R/T.I went from black to white and used a heat gun.I just started at a corner and used the heat sparingly and they peeled right off.I had both sides completly off within a half hour.Then I used regular rubbing acohol on a micro fibre towel to remove any glue residue left.It worked like a charm all decals from the factory should come off just as easy.If the paint comes off from lifting decals than its not much of a paint job.Hope this helps.
Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts