Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Why? Not long enough, but why do you want to take them off?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any opinions on the best way to do this?
If/when you do remove them are you willing to sell them? i'll buy them from you.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to install hood 392 HEMI emblems. I think it would be overkill to have them both. I will put Challenger script emblems where the 392 fender emblems are located. I believe this car should have 392 HEMI emblems on the hood from the factory. U guys agree? More retro.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm going to install hood 392 HEMI emblems. I think it would be overkill to have them both. I will put Challenger script emblems where the 392 fender emblems are located. I believe this car should have 392 HEMI emblems on the hood from the factory. U guys agree? More retro.

I like that idea :thumbsup: I was thinking of doing the same thing :bigthumb:

:)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
id pay a bodyshop to take the 392HEMI off...if you scratch the paint trying to save a buck you'll regret it....im sure $100-150 they'd take them off

id just leave it on the fender....but it is more retro to have it on the hood...im sure it will look great...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Before you try to take them off make sure the emblem does not have pins behind it used to line it up. Otherwise there will be holes in your fender. A friend of mine tried to remove the 5.0 emblems on his new GT, thought they were just attached with 3M tape but infact had the pins and holes in fender used to lineup.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

I am having mine removed by the dealership. it was part of the deal. they are providing me with new "392" emblems that will be placed on on the hood like you are wanting. I did not want the "HEMI" on the hood just the 392. I will take pictures once they get installed. I am putting nothing on the fenders. I don't like waxing around emblems. the 392 on the hood will be enough.

So I guess I agree with you :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
my 392 emblems showed up today. waiting on one more part and then the dealer will install them. Might put the extra 392 and the two sets of "HEMI" under the hood somewhere.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Blow dryer and take your time, use a little WD-40 on a soft cloth to remove any remaining sticky stuff. Then wax the fenders and mail them to me so I can stick-em on my 6.1 :)

·
Banned
863 Posts
I think it is a great idea. The only thing I did not like about the new 2011 392's is that the badge is not on the hood. Looks so much better above the motor in my opinion. Others drivers can see it better when they pull up to you and hate you even more..:bigthumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The factory put one of my 392 emblems on crooked.
Thanks for tips. Should be a good project. Dodge should have pin holes so the dudes at the factory actually put the emblems on in sink with the lines of the car.

Matt

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I'm sure it will turn out cool but the accent on the fender is too cool to remove. (IMO)
I have Deep Blue too and it's the only accent on the whole side of the car and matches the Brembos, just saying. Do it and send Pics!! It's your ride!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts