Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace the stock radio that comes with our cars with an upgrade one, like a fancy one you buy at BestBuy or an audio shop? The space is a large square and I don't see any radios that size.

Also, can someone tell me how the center frame comes off to get the radio out. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I can tell you the last part. The bazel around the radio just have keepers on it and prys right off. Just wedge a small screw driver under a lower corner and pry back towards yourself. Then there's 4 screws (one in each corner) holding the radio in. I've had mine off 3 or 4 times troubleshooting lockpick issues. I'm keeping mine so I don't know about a replacement unit.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You'll need an install kit ($20 ish) and a wiring harness (to plug the radio into the factory harness).

If you plan on doing the install yourself I recommend going through Crutchfield.

www.crutchfield.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
2010 Factory Radio Replcament

Thanks for the update. I am looking at a GPS radio for about $825. If i disconnect the factory radio that came with the 2010 and I need to put it back in- How do I get the radio code?
Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
It should say it on the lower right corner or if you pull up the radio info on the radio info screen it should give you a part number. That site I posted shows what radio code the part number is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts