Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I want to install a spoiler on the trunk lid of 2010 Challenger. Can anyone point me to a website or another post maybe that shows how to take off the liner, brake light cover, etc., so that I can get to the underneather of the trunk lid? I am not sure how to do it or what tools I will need.

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for posting this question. I've been wondering the same thing, and can't seem to find a thread on it. Unless I'm confused, it seems like many of the spoilers have clips or something that don't require getting behind the trunk, just drill and pop it on. Unfortunately, the spoiler I have needs to be bolted from behind. I'm guessing that's your deal too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i took mine to a local body shop, charged me 125 took about 4 hours

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep, Morgantown here.

NewMuscle: I think that's what I'm going to end up doing (not crazy about the idea of drilling into the trunk myself anyway). Thanks for the price--it'll give me a good baseline to work with.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
DIY go-wing install

Not too hard and I tape before drilling small 1/8" hole the a unibit to open to the right size. To remove liner there are 8 fir trees attaching it, 6 to the lid, 2 to the center taillight housing then it comes down and off the latch after you thread the emergency latch out. Center tail; remove the four wingnuts on the back, pull downward toward hinges on the side covers ( of center light ) to remove and then you can see/remove the Torx screws ( one each side holding light trim to lid backedge). Then remove the two locator pins on the bottom edge( work like reuseable rivits pop center part out a Lil'), and remove the pins. Now there are only 3 clips holding it on, one each end and center, pop, jerk, or pull straight back and it comes off the unhook the coupler! Helps to have an assist on last part, as once the weight is out the lids shocks want to open it, and wrestling both and unhooking the electrical connection is kinda challenging ( pun intended)! ;)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
How about some photos of those aftermarket spoilers with the studs? I can't believe they did that. I put my install photos on a thread here somewhere. The photos are in my gallery as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts