Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2010 Challenger R/T class last month. I've never had a car with such nice wheels before. What I usually do is hand wash the wheels with a sponge and soapy water, rinse the wheels, then spray Armor All wheel cleaner on it. After a few minutes I rinse them off again, and then dry them with a microfiber towel. Should I be using polish and all that? I notice a lot of fine streaks on the wheel, not a good thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The wheels are polished, then cleared, so the streaks you see won't come out.

I have 2 wash buckets. I put car shampoo in both of them. One is for the car, the other is for the wheels. I use a soft wheel brush that I got from Adam's Polishes, and wash the wheels with it and the car shampoo. If you wash the car on a regular basis, no need to use a wheel cleaner. You should wax the wheels when you wax the car to keep the clearcoat in good shape.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Treat those wheels like a painted surface. I wash mine with Meguiar's ultimate wash and wax and then wax them with Turtle Wax ICE.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So glad for these forums! I will not longer be using that spray wheel cleaner. I went to Autozone and picked up some:

microfiber towels to wash and dry the car/wheels.
I also got a hand mitt for find detailing/waxing the wheels.
Lastly I got this product to wax the wheels with:
Meguiar's Direct Cleaner Wax - Paste

My wheels have very minor streaks but nothing major, so I think I should be okay with maintaining the clear coat.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
327 Posts
Classic wheels are not chrome, they are polished aluminum, then clear coated, like was said before, treat them like any other clear coat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts