Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have to take out their wheelweel liners to install halos or for any other reason, these are the supplies you will need to replace the blind nylon rivets:

1. Astro Pneumatic Tool Company 1/4" Heavy Duty Riveter
-This size riveter is overkill, but needed to fit the nylon rivets.
-cost is $27.41 through Amazon
-http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumatic-4-Inch-Heavy-Duty-Riveter/dp/B00061SFDM

2. 1/4" Blind Nylon Rivets
-the ones I found that fit best are P/N#: 13750 from clipsandfasteners.com
-the head on these is a little larger than stock, but provide a more secure rivet and are actually better than the stock nylon rivets.
-a box of #25 costs $5.33
-http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/1_4_Nylon_Blind_Rivets_5_32_13_32_Grip_p/a13750.htm

Hope this helps someone...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....thought I might as well add this one that I use myself. It's more compact and can be purchased through Harbor Freight for $14.49. Apparently, it looks exactly like the ones that Brampton Builders says their repairmen use on their line:

Hand Riveter with 40 Industrial Strength Poly Rivets

There are 40 rivets included of varying sizes but one of the sets match the factory ones almost perfectly. ....just a very slight difference in the look. The fitment is spot on though (sizes of the included rivets are in metric: 10 each of 5mm x 15.8mm, 5mm x 17.2mm, 6.6mm x 17.2mm, and 6.3mm x 25.2mm). They also sell the rivets separately (20 for $2.99) but I would need to measure one of them to find out exactly what size matches the factory ones.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
....thought I might as well add this one that I use myself. It's more compact and can be purchased through Harbor Freight for $14.49. Apparently, it looks exactly like the ones that Brampton Builders says their repairmen use on their line:

There are 40 rivets included of varying sizes but one of the sets match the factory ones almost perfectly. ....just a very slight difference in the look. The fitment is spot on though (sizes of the included rivets are in metric: 10 each of 5mm x 15.8mm, 5mm x 17.2mm, 6.6mm x 17.2mm, and 6.3mm x 25.2mm). They also sell the rivets separately (20 for $2.99) but I would need to measure one of them to find out exactly what size matches the factory ones.
I second this one. Same one I've used for 2 years on the car. Works great and rivets are cheap at Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
thanks guys :thumbsup:
really appreciate this info

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I second this one. Same one I've used for 2 years on the car. Works great and rivets are cheap at Harbor Freight.
....do you happen to know the specific size off the top of your head from the ones I listed? If not, I will try to measure them this weekend and post up what I find so others will know.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
....do you happen to know the specific size off the top of your head from the ones I listed? If not, I will try to measure them this weekend and post up what I find so others will know.
I don't but they're marked on the back of the package with the rivet gun. I know it's 5mm x something.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

This is the one I went with.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

Thanks for posting this! I will be ordering one of these tonight.

JFF:D

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That hand riveter from Harbor Freight looks great, maybe I'll get one too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts