Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking @ Billet Technology's Catch Cans. I'm just wonder how some of you all have mounted them. I've got an R/T and just wondering what advantages or disadvantages there are to the Z mount vs the standard. I'm not too impressed with the fender mount they show on their sight.

Post up pics if you've got them

·
Registered
134 Posts
U better off with the Z mount, if u place it in the standard position, it will be right under your instake sensor, it will heat it up. That what I had face before, my tuner said that the sensor temp. is way above, so I bought the Z mount and moved my catch can away from it. Everything is good now ;).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Billet Technology's makes a nice catch can, but before you plunk down your money check out the catch can sold by Stack Performance. I believe they hold more volume and are made “extremely” nice. They offer a short "L" bracket that mounts the catch can to the aluminum bracket above the top radiator hose. They offer the catch can in black or a satin aluminum finish. Definitely worth a look if your in the market. It works great and I've had zero operating issues with where it's located. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Billet Technology's makes a nice catch can, but before you plunk down your money check out the catch can sold by Stack Performance. I believe they hold more volume and are made “extremely” nice. They offer a short "L" bracket that mounts the catch can to the aluminum bracket above the top radiator hose. They offer the catch can in black or a satin aluminum finish. Definitely worth a look if your in the market. It works great and I've had zero operating issues with where it's located. Good luck.
Thanks Mopar Rider,

Checked out the Stack performance can. Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,575 Posts
My BT catch can is mounted on the fender near the window washer bottle. I can post pics later if you want to see it.

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
My BT catch can, on my 6.1, is mounted in front. It is a pain to unscrew, but you only have to do it every 3,000 miles. I bought mine 2 years' ago, and new models have a knurled bottom for a better grip. For a custom look, I recommend stainless steel braided hoses and connectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
the Moroso CC is a no fuss no muss with a drain valve, just tube it down and around and catch it on the ground...... in a pan.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Catch Can 3.jpg h the cover on ... i need to get one with the cover off .. will post later

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My BT catch can is mounted on the fender near the window washer bottle. I can post pics later if you want to see it.
I think this is the one BT has on their site. Probably easy to empty.... but not sure I want to go that route

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,575 Posts
With the engine cover on the 5.7, it was the easiest and cleanest way to mount it IMO.

Now I run with the cover off, but it is staying put.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My BT catch can, on my 6.1, is mounted in front. It is a pain to unscrew, but you only have to do it every 3,000 miles. I bought mine 2 years' ago, and new models have a knurled bottom for a better grip. For a custom look, I recommend stainless steel braided hoses and connectors.
Nice.... This is a bit more like what I have in mind. Is that the Z mount?

Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I made a simple L bracket out of some scrap 1/4" aluminum I had laying around. I didn't care too much for the way the can was supposed to mount.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
View attachment 26869 h the cover on ... i need to get one with the cover off .. will post later
Hmm....now this looks interesting. Is that a BT? It looks like you have a drain port? I would be interesting in seeing more pics of this. Tell me more about how you mounted this?

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the BT w/Z bracket

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the BT w/Z bracket
Do you have an engine cover? Post pics if you have them. I'd like to see how you did yours......Thanks

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I made a mount out of square tubing and came off the side like the Z mount. I had to trim my engine cover a bit to clear the top of the can.

Jack

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have my BT can mounted at the washer reservoir as well. The can works great but it is a pain to empty. I dropped it down into the front right fender last year - was lucky as heck to get it out. I definitely recommend one with a drain.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts