Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
(Yes I have a contract agreement in place for one...)
How do you have a contract - ordering doesn't open until 8-16-2014? I have a slot locked since 5-22-14 and I haven't been able to order yet?

Either way:
B5
Sepia Laguna
Sun Roof
Satin Black Hood
Unconnect w/Nav
M6
If I can delete technology group - Adaptive shit I will I don't think you can
ABSOLUTLEY NO FRONT LIC PLATE BRACKET

Other than that I think everything else is basically standard.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,280 Posts
Adaptive Cruise available only with Automatic Transmission, if you order Technology Group with M6 the ACC part of the option will be deleted and the price reduced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 2510

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Sublime Metallic Paint
Brass Monkey Rim Finish
Moon Roof
8HP90 Automatic
Languna Interior (Sepia)

That's it... Not upgrading to the RA4 head unit, no need to...

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
How do you have a contract - ordering doesn't open until 8-16-2014? I have a slot locked since 5-22-14 and I haven't been able to order yet?

Either way:
B5
Sepia Laguna
Sun Roof
Satin Black Hood
Unconnect w/Nav
M6

Based on RS' pricing post, B5 is only available with black seats. Sorry to disappoint. :)

Reactions: 2510

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Adaptive Cruise available only with Automatic Transmission, if you order Technology Group with M6 the ACC part of the option will be deleted and the price reduced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No ACC with A8 on HC, either.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Based on RS' pricing post, B5 is only available with black seats. Sorry to disappoint. :)
I don't think that is definite yet - if B5 is late it might be. If not I might go Blue Streak or Jazz Blue. I'll see in about 3 weeks I guess definitively.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm still deciding on colors, but red seat belts and RA4 touchscreen and I've finally settled on 6M.

TorRed with black hood
or
Pitch Black with red door bolsters

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Maybe I posted this elsewhere,

I filled out an order form. The terms were MSRP + (+ very reasonable IMO.) Very specific terms and conditions were inserted on the order form speaking to dealer / corporation allocation and availability. A deposit was taken the same terms and conditions were on the check; terms accepted at signature deposit (by the corporation / dealer.) (In my state a deposit, as it was done here, has certain contractual obligations under Real Property law.) The dealer acknowledged it was the corporation's first order (the corporation composes of 50...70 separate dealerships.) The agreement is between me and the corporation. The C.E.O. confirmed with Chrysler they will receive one (at least) and it's allocated to me.

Having said all that there is still risk I don't have it yet (obvious) but have several verbal comms, texts, e mails (all saved.) I've been working with them for weeks and have no reason to believe who I'm working with isn't acting within the terms of our agreement.

I didn't mean to imply who I'm working with placed an order to Chrysler for the car. I was very careful in optioning the car because what will affect delivery dates. There isn't anything I selected that would put it into "late delivery" based on what I saw on the Dodge Challenger Customer Preferred Code Guide originally issued 7/8 and re-issued 7/18 (that I posted then yanked so I don't get my hands slapped.)

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
Mine is:

LADX22 - Challenger Scat Pack
23G - Customer Preferred Package 23G
ESH - 6.4L V8
DEC - 6-sp manual
PBX - Jazz Blue
*S7-X9 - Cloth seats (black)
NHK - Engine block heater
ATL - Sound Group II
Removed from order WP3 - 20x9 Al SRT design wheels
3EJ - Gas guzzler tax :(

Hope to have it in September. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put $1k non refundable down about 30 minutes ago. Filled out order form with expected options that I want. Wrote in the notes that I am buying at MSRP plus $1488 dealer protection package which includes tint, wheel locks, door edge guards etc for lifetime. I think it's fair. #2, guaranteed.
Edit - sales manager and owner agreed to pricing

Will go nicely with my 2014 ripp supercharged SRT jeep.

JRM

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Either way:
B5
Sepia Laguna
Sun Roof
Satin Black Hood
Unconnect w/Nav
M6

I'm curios how you know you have a production slot locked? Because -

B5 = Late availability
JBVX (Laguna either color) = Late availability
ADG isn't an option on the Hellcat

·
Registered
334 Posts
So, basically all you did is lock a slot. My dealer did that without taking deposit, I have 1st spot (I too have e-mails and paperwork from them guaranteeing) and we have agreed to terms for MSRP if they get allocated at least (3) vehicles for 2015 total model year.

I just thought I was missing something in regards to actually ordering - my assumption is your dealer will only be allowed to "place" your order on the 16th of August. In regards to "late" production I would imagine first will role off line approximately mid October if I have to wait till November or December to get color choices that is fine with me.

I think things will be clearer in 3-4 weeks after allocations are awarded/articulated to dealer groups.

My slot is locked with my dealer - If he is only allocated (1) car for all of 2015 (doubtful, they should get more) it is my choice to take - have that in writing from dealer. So I order 8-16-14 and as long as it takes to get here it takes - again if they get (1) it's mine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So, basically all you did is lock a slot. My dealer did that without taking deposit, I have 1st spot (I too have e-mails and paperwork from them guaranteeing) and we have agreed to terms for MSRP if they get allocated at least (3) vehicles for 2015 total model year.

I just thought I was missing something in regards to actually ordering - my assumption is your dealer will only be allowed to "place" your order on the 16th of August. In regards to "late" production I would imagine first will role off line approximately mid October if I have to wait till November or December to get color choices that is fine with me.

I think things will be clearer in 3-4 weeks after allocations are awarded/articulated to dealer groups.

I'm in same boat; have been assured by sales manager MSRP. If they get a floor model then that one is sky's the limit; but custom order is MSRP period. November, December doesn't bother me either as it gives me time to do illicit activities to pay off the M so I can do both;)

Cheers!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well let's hope for the best (for both of us and anyone serious.) Where I live the deposit has implications, real property laws vary, here I know they're understood by who I'm working with. For me the terms agreed too address allocation, allocation reassignment, options and or 1st delivered (+,additional) with no hooks favoring the dealer on allocation totals over time. But we'll see ya never know.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Why is that?

JFF:D

RA3 has everything the RA4 has except "3D Nav" and Sirius Traffic. Nav can be "Dealer Enabled" on the RA3
it's just not "3D" and honestly... These factory Nav systems are a flat out rip off... When they need updated they
expect you to pay $200 for a disk, when you can buy a Garmin Nuvi with Lifetime Updates for 100 or so?.

And I can't stand Sirius either.. The RA3 still has the HK 900 watt system behind it so that's all I want :)

Reactions: rumpass and 2510

·
Registered
334 Posts
Where I live the deposit has implications, real property laws vary, here I know they're understood by who I'm working with.

You have to be a lawyer - man your dealer must be scared shit of you..lol..sounds like you got him wired, must of hated that you walked in the door first.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where I live the deposit has implications, real property laws vary, here I know they're understood by who I'm working with.

You have to be a lawyer - man your dealer must be scared shit of you..lol..sounds like you got him wired, must of hated that you walked in the door first.
;)

Actually we started months ago. Good start but when it came down to doing it writing $$$ became a pain point (said this meant that, which I thought was clear, I should no better by now). We worked through that. Like most of,the larger ones they're a corp. publicly traded on Nasdaq. The corporation headquarters is a few miles from my office, and the founder (still CEO) has a kid from his wife's 1st marriage who's a fellow motorcycle companion. Can't blame them for wanting to make a reasonable profit so all said and done here we are... Could still fall through. (I have had a dealer take a new car back after I drove it home and negotiated a few wins over the years.). Win some loose some. They want to sell cars I want to buy one. We'll see...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts