Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
276 Posts
...all 200 cars could drive the 52 miles up to the Johnson Ridge Observatory in one long line. It WAS epic!
That is awesome! I have done that run in my '57 a number of times. A good drive on a sunny day!

..."why are you getting so upset, it's only a car!!" Talk about a clueless and inconsiderate person.
That's why I only put my cars in car shows where the cars are the primary attraction. I do not show my cars at "Blah, blah community event" which also has a car show. Way too many people who are not car respectful.

My buddies and I are members of the "Misfitz" car club.
  • No dues
  • No meetings
  • No officers
  • No member roster
The only responsibility is to write down the club name when registering at a car show. More often than not we win the 'Club participation' award. Someone eventually goes up to claim the trophy.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
So true, there’s an annual hooters car show with an entry fee that I would park my non challenger other car in the spectator parking lot and walk through on occasion, it’s funny cause the same 20 people show up every time to get their paid for trophy and then pat each other on the back!...most of the time there’s more trophies then cars? If I wasn’t laughing so hard I’d be puking to this sad sight

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,779 Posts
What a bunch of boobs...

A Guy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I grew up a Mustang lover, working on the family '72 convertible with my Dad for a few years so I could drive it in high school. I've had the itch ever since and finally muscle is back in the fam with the 2018 T/A 392 I just purchased. Love it!

Never been a member of a car club, but love attending car shows and large national auctions like Mecum. I'm always respectful of others' vehicles because I know what it means to own and work on one. I love hearing stories about the cars and what's under the hood.

There's always gonna be d-bags who didn't get enough attention as a kid and want to talk up their ride or talk down to yours. It's also funny that some folks get their panties in a bunch when comparing or sharing the road/parking lot with other brands. It's really about the love of cars and driving right? So what if you've got Mustangs mixed in with Chargers or Vettes. Life's too short...

·
Registered
2018 PCP Challenger Scat Pack w/dynamics
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I grew up a Mustang lover, working on the family '72 convertible with my Dad for a few years so I could drive it in high school. I've had the itch ever since and finally muscle is back in the fam with the 2018 T/A 392 I just purchased. Love it!

Never been a member of a car club, but love attending car shows and large national auctions like Mecum. I'm always respectful of others' vehicles because I know what it means to own and work on one. I love hearing stories about the cars and what's under the hood.

There's always gonna be d-bags who didn't get enough attention as a kid and want to talk up their ride or talk down to yours. It's also funny that some folks get their panties in a bunch when comparing or sharing the road/parking lot with other brands. It's really about the love of cars and driving right? So what if you've got Mustangs mixed in with Chargers or Vettes. Life's too short...
totally agree with you man. I wish more people had the same mindset as you, but it’s just the reality. I’ve met some amazing people at these kinds of events. I always enjoy the stories behind each and every ride.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

Agree as well, but I do razz my buddy for owning a vette and a Mustang though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Agree as well, but I do razz my buddy for owning a vette and a Mustang though.

haha same. It’s all in good fun. I’ll ask my buddy who owns a supercharged mustang “hey man, run over any crowds today?”. He will be like “nah, not today, did you take your boat out on the lake today?”. 😂

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
276 Posts
haha same. It’s all in good fun. I’ll ask my buddy who owns a supercharged mustang “hey man, run over any crowds today?”. He will be like “nah, not today, did you take your boat out on the lake today?”. 😂
My Ford buddy & I have an unwritten rule. It is all fun & games unless the other guy's car is currently busted. Then we hold back the snarky comments. Otherwise it comes off as kicking your buddy while he is down - and we wouldn't be buddies if we did that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
My Ford buddy & I have an unwritten rule. It is all fun & games unless the other guy's car is currently busted. Then we hold back the snarky comments. Otherwise it comes off as kicking your buddy while he is down - and we wouldn't be buddies if we did that.
totally agree with you there!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts