Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wish they had at least given the option for a solid front axle. Dig the styling, but I'm not buying one.

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
That, and the fact that after decades of FWD 4cyl and V6, they had a 425hp RWD V8. It fully deserved the Charger name.
I'm not discrediting > I'm referencing all the b****ing that's been going for years about the Charger being a four door by others

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I like what they are doing with the Bronco(s). There is one Bronco for everyone. Makes me think Ford will just sell under 3 names - Trucks, Mustang and Bronco.

As much as I'm impress with the effort for the Bronco, real effort, I would rather have a Jeep (Wrangler/Gladiator).
I would rather have a two door Jeep Gladiator with an 8 foot bed. But now the powers that be say that every vehicle built must fit a family of four and a dog. I don't think any auto maker offers a standard cab 8 foot bed truck any more.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
I would rather have a two door Jeep Gladiator with an 8 foot bed. But now the powers that be say that every vehicle built must fit a family of four and a dog. I don't think any auto maker offers a standard cab 8 foot bed truck any more.
Standard cab, 8' bed

2020 Ram 1500 Classic , 2020 Ram 2500 , 2020 Ram 3500 , 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 , 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 , 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd , 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500hd , 2020 Ford F-150 , 2020 Ford Super Duty F-250 , 2020 Ford Super Duty F-350

A Guy

Reactions: UP3985

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,956 Posts
I'm not discrediting > I'm referencing all the b****ing that's been going for years about the Charger being a four door by others
I gotcha, and I have had a couple of 2 door Chargers, but those were FWD Shelby Turbo's. So I have owned 4 Dodge Chargers, totally different, but none 2 door RWD.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I would rather have a 2 door Gladiator with Short bed, same overall length as a Limited. Like the kits that MOPAR used to sell to convert a Wrangler to open bed.

Reactions: UP3985

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
429 Posts
That, and the fact that after decades of FWD 4cyl and V6, they had a 425hp RWD V8. It fully deserved the Charger name.
With NO resemblance to a Charger at all, I'd beg to differ it deserved the name. Should of called it something else.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
With NO resemblance to a Charger at all, I'd bet to differ it deserved the name. Should of called it something else.
Does a 1967 Charger Look like a 1975 Charger at all? A LX Charger looks more like a 1969 than a 1967 or 1975 does.
What they should have done was kept the Plymouth names as well, merged with Chrysler dealerships, and sold Barracuda, Satellite, Roadrunners, with nothing more than emblems/stickers differences.
As for using Charger, personally I get it, and like it, and love the cars, but not the 11-14 as much in the front. I had an 06, and a 15. The could have called it an Intrepid, since that is what it replaced in the lineup, like the 300 replaced the Concord/LHS/300M. Or if you must use 1970s names, then I guess a Coronet or Monaco, but who would want a Coronet? and they butchered Monaco already with that French crap.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Does a 1967 Charger Look like a 1975 Charger at all? A LX Charger looks more like a 1969 than a 1967 or 1975 does.
What they should have done was kept the Plymouth names as well, merged with Chrysler dealerships, and sold Barracuda, Satellite, Roadrunners, with nothing more than emblems/stickers differences.
As for using Charger, personally I get it, and like it, and love the cars, but not the 11-14 as much in the front. I had an 06, and a 15. The could have called it an Intrepid, since that is what it replaced in the lineup, like the 300 replaced the Concord/LHS/300M. Or if you must use 1970s names, then I guess a Coronet or Monaco, but who would want a Coronet? and they butchered Monaco already with that French crap.
Yes those earlier Chargers in those years even going back to 2006?.....ugly imo and had no business being called Chargers.

Don't agree about your other comparisons.....they should have done to the Charger what they did to the Challenger.
I wouldn't even buy a Charger today. Shameful what they did to it imo.

It IS nicer than it has been but still dont do a thing for me til they give a retro look.
I also agree about Plymouth. I would love to see a retro Cuda today.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yes those earlier Chargers in those years even going back to 2006?.....ugly imo and had no business being called Chargers.

Don't agree about your other comparisons.....they should have done to the Charger what they did to the Challenger.
I wouldn't even buy a Charger today. Shameful what they did to it imo.

It IS nicer than it has been but still dont do a thing for me til they give a retro look.
I also agree about Plymouth. I would love to see a retro Cuda today.
So if it looked like this

It would be OK?

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here is a 1970

·
Registered
429 Posts
My guy, I don't think you know much about Chargers yourself, that is not a 70
I was looking for that era in the early 70s and googled it and that's what came up. Just love the hidden headlights. 1968 & 69s are really cool too. Actually 68-71, they could of done a retro of either and I'd have bought one of those.

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
132 Posts
I was looking for that era in the early 70s and googled it and that's what came up. Just love the hidden headlights.
It was close enough in the window i specified. If they did the Chargers reteo from this era, I'd have bought.one of those.
A gen 2 Charger would never work on the LX platform, it would be incredibly bloated and lay back, not to mention, the aerodynamics on them are horrible, much worst than the Challenger, sure the 2006-10 was not a great looking car, but it has since been improved for the better, and there is 0 reason to sell a second 2 door coupe

·
Registered
429 Posts
A gen 2 Charger would never work on the LX platform, it would be incredibly bloated and lay back, not to mention, the aerodynamics on them are horrible, much worst than the Challenger, sure the 2006-10 was not a great looking car, but it has since been improved for the better, and there is 0 reason to sell a second 2 door coupe
Yes you wouldn't want to sell too many cars

To each their own.

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
132 Posts
Yes you wouldn't want to sell too many cars

To each their own.
yes, I'm sure it would be incredibly easy and cheap to develop and engineer a new platform that would look and function half decent so people like you can say "old charger back haha"

·
Registered
429 Posts
yes, I'm sure it would be incredibly easy and cheap to develop and engineer a new platform that would look and function half decent so people like you can say "old charger back haha"
Interesting comment. Is that what you are saying they did with the Challenger?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
I believe if there were a 2 door Challenger and a 2 door Charger, they wouldn't sell more cars, the 2 would share sales...likely hastening the demise of both. The Charger doesn't outsell the Challenger due to the name, it's precisely that it IS a 4 door. While one can regret that a 4 door is named Charger, there would not be both a Charger and a Challenger if it were not. Since the Charger came first, there may have never been a Challenger?

A Guy

Reactions: theblaisez24
21 - 40 of 59 Posts