Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks! Happy to be here and read all this great information about the Challenger. I'm currently sitting on my thumbs waiting to order a new 2014 Challenger R/T Classic. Talked to the dealer yesterday and he said it still isn't available in his system for custom order (not sure why not, since it seems others have ordered it just fine). Bums me out since he told me that the factory typically shuts down for two weeks over Christmas, and at 8-10 weeks out for a custom order it's unlikely I'll be able to put it under the tree.

Regardless, I'm thrilled to join the club. Historically I've been in to Jeeps and off-roading. Had two mustangs as a kid, then married the daughter of a Dodge dealership manager. Never looked back, and have stayed in the Chrysler family ever since. He's retired now, but my preference and loyalty to the brand remains.

My daily is a '13 Durango with 5.7 hemi. I can't wait to enjoy that power in a platform made to enjoy the ride. Also have an '07 JK unlimited that gets a lot of my attention. I'm guessing this Challenger will fit right in.

Hope to meet some of you 4-corner locals in person some time. Thanks to everyone that contributes here. It has been super helpful in figuring out my build. Now I just hope the dealer calls me soon so I can go give him a deposit and get in line!

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Welcome.

I just love taking road trips to your State. Here's a shot from Rabbit Ears Pass:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I had told the dealer Billet Silver Metallic, but since I have changed my mind to Granite Crystal Metallic. Black stripes. Dark interior, but boy I am tempted by the red. I hope they get the ordering capability soon so I quit second guessing myself.

Other options include M6 transmission, UConnect 730N, Interior appearance, Harman Kardon, Super Track, 20 inch polished, and sunroof.

I admit I am a bit worried about potential remorse of not waiting for the 2015 refresh, expecting the dash to be vastly improved. But I don't want to wait a year.

Upon delivery I plan to add some being to the engine, tint the windows, and add a blastin bob glasspack.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You mention that you are waiting for the dealer so you can order the 2014. Why not order through a different dealer? You are correct that others of us have successfully ordered 2014s. And some of those like me now have received our 2014s. Sounds to me like your dealership has some issues.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts