Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals, Jim here. Got my 2010 R/T last summer. Pic is right off the showroom flloor but mods so far: Rear louvers, splash guards, mopar chrome shifter, new brake/gas pedals, Challenger floor mats, and have hood t-stripe decals on order, and getting rear deck spoiler painted matte black. Pardon my ignorance, but what do I need to do to put a little more "rumble" to the engine without breaking the bank?
Thanks!
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi!

I'm sure you'll get a 1000 answers to your question; what I did was replace the mufflers with Super 40s and remove the resonators. I love the sound and it didn't cost much at all.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hey Jim, congrats on the car! There are a lot of options on the exhaust from full systems to modifications. If your not wanting to break the bank take a look at doing something like the Blastin' Bob's resonator delete either with or without the glasspacks. A lot cheaper than a full exhaust system.

Here is a link to one of my pages with more information and a video of the sound but keep in mind mine is a manual and I'm assuming from the "chrome shift" in your signature that yours is an auto... the exhausts are a little different.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome to the forum, If you are going to put a CAI on it wait until after that to change exhaust. Mine sounds alot better with just the CAI and tune.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Appreciate the help. Yes I have auto transmission but love the tap shift "manual" mode :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Welcome! from Fort Worth. Let me know how you make out on the exhaust. Mine is bone stock and I have the Auto. Thinking about the CAI and a Diablo but not yet. First thing I notice is no Front license plate. You will be adding one soon. The Black and White's won't leave you alone. A million Vettes and Mercedes will go right by them but they force all of us Challenger owners to put a plate on. Lots of good ideas on this forum to provide that front plate but NOT drill into your bumper! Check out the search function for front plates.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey neighbor! Thanks, yeah thats an old picture. Having lived in FL AND SC for the last 15 years it was tough to force myself to put on a front plate but broke down and decided not to give Johnny Law any other reason to pull me over besides excessive speed :)
I did order the Blastin' Bob's glass pack resonator kit. Hope it sounds as good as the recordings and don't piss off the neighbors :)

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge concerning the Challenger on this forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts