Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a 2011 GWE SRT8 that I'm considering purchasing. It's probably my favorite color on the Challenger from a pure visual perspective, especially with the black stripes. For those that own one and drive it often, how does the paint hold up with age and miles? Is it tough to keep clean/looking good? Prone to easily see scratches or dings? Does it fade easily? Does it get dusty easy and look like crap when used as a daily driver? Also, I'm the type of guy who appreciates my anonymity and am not an attention leach by any stretch. Although the color is striking, I'm concerned that it might get a bit old being so visible around town and at work (white collar type environment)...anyone kinda sick of it after a couple years and prefer a more neutral color?

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
There's a 2011 GWE SRT8 that I'm considering purchasing. It's probably my favorite color on the Challenger from a pure visual perspective, especially with the black stripes. For those that own one and drive it often, how does the paint hold up with age and miles? Is it tough to keep clean/looking good? Prone to easily see scratches or dings? Does it fade easily? Does it get dusty easy and look like crap when used as a daily driver? Also, I'm the type of guy who appreciates my anonymity and am not an attention leach by any stretch. Although the color is striking, I'm concerned that it might get a bit old being so visible around town and at work (white collar type environment)...anyone kinda sick of it after a couple years and prefer a more neutral color?
We are not GWE , but we are sublimegreen , August will be 3 years .Love this color!
And 28000 miles looks like new
We get so many thumps up when drive , funny thing is we live in a beach town
where the population is olderrr,lol .
IMO GWE is and awesome color
If you pull the trigger be sure to post

“ it’s not easy being green “

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are not GWE , but we are sublimegreen , August will be 3 years .Love this color!
And 28000 miles looks like new
We get so many thumps up when drive , funny thing is we live in a beach town
where the population is olderrr,lol .
IMO GWE is and awesome color
If you pull the trigger be sure to post

“ it’s not easy being green “
Sublime is a great color...very striking. Unfortunately, the 2011-2014 SRTs are limited to only the 2011 model year with a green option, which is the GWE. Just need to convince the wifey of how awesome it is!

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
I only have a high impact color because it’s not a daily, I prefer not to stand out as a regular ride.
GWE is a great color.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,923 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
its a great color but factory paint is very thin and what I would call fragile. I wish I had my car ceramic coated and Xpel film put on it even if I bought it with 7k miles. I did it on my Jeep but it already had a few dings on the plastic bumper already.

The only spot on my Challenger is the driver door edge where i open the door at a gas station and dinged the metal pole. it knocked a piece off and the gray primer shows.

·
Registered
185 Posts
its a great color but factory paint is very thin and what I would call fragile. I wish I had my car ceramic coated and Xpel film put on it even if I bought it with 7k miles. I did it on my Jeep but it already had a few dings on the plastic bumper already.

The only spot on my Challenger is the driver door edge where i open the door at a gas station and dinged the metal pole. it knocked a piece off and the gray primer shows.
Love both colors! The GWE is a little more understated, but in general I tend toward colors that are understated (mine is Destroyer Grey). But with the F8 Green out now, I have to say that is my favorite shade of green on a Challenger. The GWE seems to be in-between the Sublime and F8. Saw my first F8 Challenger on the road last week and loved it. What do you GWE/Sublime guys think of the new F8?

Regarding gas stations posts, I hear you. I get my gas at Costco, and I have to pull up a little past the pump to avoid contact with the post. Our big doors don't help matters, for sure! The other precaution I take to prevent dings on my passenger door in the garage is to roll down the passenger window and hang a yoga matt over the beltline to halfway down the door. My wife parks on the right side of of me, and she's generally careful getting in/out of her car but accidents happen. Works like a charm!

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
One of the classics on the subject

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
One of the classics on the subject
Lol! The sign, pole, curb and lines matches the color of the car perfectly. I'm sure the Prius crowd would be quite agitated and say "That's not what we meant by "green" cars parking here!". And I like agitating the Prius crowd, so that's a win-win :bigthumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love the color...by far my favorite, but the wife and kids are aghast. GWE is a no-go for me unfortunately. The search continues....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts