Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 R/T. I am getting catbacks and CAI from the dealer installed tomorrow. After negotiating for those when I bought the car, i started begging the wife for a supercharger. i don;t know how I did it but I talked her into it. I will be getting a magnacharger installed next week, and they say they can modify the mopar CAI so I can still use it.

Do any R/T owners have an idea what I can expect re HP gains, either rear wheel or at the crank/ Also, will i gain more power if I have it tuned for 93 octane?

I have the auto with 3.06 rear end. Will that low ratio differential lay smoke?

·
Super Moderator
13,975 Posts
I guess that it is too late since you bought the magnacharger, but did you realize that it will void your new car warranty?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes; i plan on buying the $200 magnuson 3 yr/36,000 warranty. I behave for the most part and, barring an unlucky defect, shouldn't be slinging rods or anything

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Just bought a 2010 R/T. I am getting catbacks and CAI from the dealer installed tomorrow. After negotiating for those when I bought the car, i started begging the wife for a supercharger. i don;t know how I did it but I talked her into it. I will be getting a magnacharger installed next week, and they say they can modify the mopar CAI so I can still use it.

Do any R/T owners have an idea what I can expect re HP gains, either rear wheel or at the crank/ Also, will i gain more power if I have it tuned for 93 octane?

I have the auto with 3.06 rear end. Will that low ratio differential lay smoke?
Just keep the rwhp under 500 - 475 is pretty safe. You will break things if you go higher. Pushrods, crankshafts, driveshafts... Ask Williams RT. The car will burn rubber without the S/C so...

You might want to see if they will dyno it before and after, should be around 335-345 w/o the S/C. Lucky dog... Ask them about the warranty please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts