Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my R/T brothers and sisters :cheers:

I asked a different variation of this question in General, but did not receive many useful responses. I am approaching the topic from a different angle in the hopes of more insight.

I have a Zoomers cat-back exhaust on my 2013 R/T (love it btw) and was wondering what the HP/TQ of the 5.7L HEMI are. I ask this because I read the maximum output of an engine can be limited by the exhaust. Specifically, dual 2.25" (such as Zoomers) only support ~370HP (stock output of the R/T auto).

With the Scat Packs coming out (supposedly), I am trying to determine if I need a back-up plan on my exhaust choice. I would like to hear real world HP/TQ numbers from people who have Zoomers and other performance mods to get an idea on what kind of power limits the Zoomers place on the R/T.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I wouldnt call it a limit. 2.25 can support more than 370hp/tq, its not like you cannot add more power just because you have a zoomers. It doesnt work that way.

I have zoomers, long tubes, intake, TB and a custom tune and it increased the output. It should be good for any bolt ons you have. The only time it will really make a difference is if you go forced induction. Then you may gain a little more power from the bigger exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts