Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was chatting with a local tuner here yesterday who said they are getting close to having the Dodge tuner ready for release. HP is allegedly one of the best tuners out there, and may have finally cracked the Dodge issues.

Also, he said the predator is nothing compared to what HP will offer. He uses HP tuners on Fords and GM's and swears by them. Said he wouldn't touch a Dodge until he gets the HP's in.

So, I really have no idea, just hoping someone on this board would share if they have any insight.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
We have used HP Tuners, SCT, EFI Live, Big Stuff, AEM, MOTEC etc.etc.

From what I hear, HP Tuners is no where near ready to release a product fro the Hemi.

For now, by far the best tuner for Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler is the Diablosport Predator. Hands down there really is no competition.

Tim C

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
So many threads on HP Tuners seemed foolish to start a new one. I just would like a little information, first I will give you a little information.
My car is a 2015 R/T A8. It is going to OST Dyno on June 22 for a Rumbler cam, possible Transmission Tuning, Long Tube headers and Highflow cats connecting to my current cat back.
What I need to know is after it is tuned on their dyno, will sport mode still work? Do I need to tell them that I want it to drive normal (without MDS of course) when not in "Sport Mode", it can shift early to keep rpms lower and reach 7th and 8th gear sooner on the highways (like it does now). Then when in "Sport Mode" be as aggressive or even more so (200MS shifts or faster) Higher RPM shifts (to fit with the cam of course) and a more sensitive throttle, comparable to now with throttle response in Sport Mode, I really do not want it at full throttle when only pressed 1/4 of the way.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
So many threads on HP Tuners seemed foolish to start a new one. I just would like a little information, first I will give you a little information.
My car is a 2015 R/T A8. It is going to OST Dyno on June 22 for a Rumbler cam, possible Transmission Tuning, Long Tube headers and Highflow cats connecting to my current cat back.
What I need to know is after it is tuned on their dyno, will sport mode still work? Do I need to tell them that I want it to drive normal (without MDS of course) when not in "Sport Mode", it can shift early to keep rpms lower and reach 7th and 8th gear sooner on the highways (like it does now). Then when in "Sport Mode" be as aggressive or even more so (200MS shifts or faster) Higher RPM shifts (to fit with the cam of course) and a more sensitive throttle, comparable to now with throttle response in Sport Mode, I really do not want it at full throttle when only pressed 1/4 of the way.
Hey i think this thread is from 2010...nonetheless,

Sport mode will remain functioning as normal

I just had my RT tuned on HP tuners, all sport mode does is quicken the steering ratio and throttle sensitivity a bit, WOT power is in the tune no matter what mode

1 - 6 of 6 Posts