Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
‘10 B5 R/T Classic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I installed a TSP Stage 3 Boost Cam into my R/T. I plan on writing my own start up for this cam(223/232 duration, .582/.582 lift, 115 LSA, 3degree advance and 112 ICL. Ive installed a Phaser Lockout as well.
Anyone have any insight on how to tune for a locked phaser? Disable Exhaust Phaser? What tables should i be focusing on? Ive asked on the HP forums with no avail.

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,295 Posts
Hey Guys,

I installed a TSP Stage 3 Boost Cam into my R/T. I plan on writing my own start up for this cam(223/232 duration, .582/.582 lift, 115 LSA, 3degree advance and 112 ICL. Ive installed a Phaser Lockout as well.
Anyone have any insight on how to tune for a locked phaser? Disable Exhaust Phaser? What tables should i be focusing on? Ive asked on the HP forums with no avail.
Are you a relatively experienced tuner? If not I recommend getting a professional tune.

The Hemi's tune the exhaust side. You can start here table [ECM] 9442. You could also check out the HP Tuners forum one more time, you may be able to find a tune already posted to reference to get you started. There are some good sticky’s out there for getting to know the Hemi tables as well. Search for Homer's post he has some good consolidated information.

·
Registered
‘10 B5 R/T Classic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you a relatively experienced tuner? If not I recommend getting a professional tune.

The Hemi's tune the exhaust side. You can start here table [ECM] 9442. You could also check out the HP Tuners forum one more time, you may be able to find a tune already posted to reference to get you started. There are some good sticky’s out there for getting to know the Hemi tables as well. Search for Homer's post he has some good consolidated information.
Im not a “professional” but i have a decent knowledge base to get me going. I’ve tuned my car for Headers and 93 already. Also Tuned a 392cam swapped 5.7 also but thats a cam thats going to utilize the phaser rather than this TSP cam thats locked out. Im gonna keep digging around. Thanks though McCloud! 🍻

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Definitely dig around.... I'm in the same boat with my locked out cam. It's similar but different to what you have from TSP.

·
Registered
‘10 B5 R/T Classic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely dig around.... I'm in the same boat with my locked out cam. It's similar but different to what you have from TSP.
I got it figured out if you need a hand

·
Registered
2013 R/T
230 Posts
Please share? How did you come by it. Compare before and after files would be nice, attach em?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I got it figured out if you need a hand
Just point me in the right direction with respect to the tables to modify. I have an idea of how I want to modify said tables. Once the phaser is locked I believe we need to set the maximum & minimum advance to 0. I could be wrong here but that’s the approach I believe should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘10 B5 R/T Classic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just point me in the right direction with respect to the tables to modify. I have an idea of how I want to modify said tables. Once the phaser is locked I believe we need to set the maximum & minimum advance to 0. I could be wrong here but that’s the approach I believe should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So after hearing from some guys HPT forum, The logic they had was since the cam is mechanically locked, its not going to move, which i agree with. I didnt go into the variable cam tables. I disabled the phaser within the variable cam page, then set all the Part Throttle Spark and Part Throttle Lockpins tables the same. As well as set all the WOT and WOT Lockpin tables to match. I could email you my stock and my current revision if youd like to take a look

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ok, that's the same approach the Tuningschool lays out. It makes sense, I'll just have to go into the variable cam page and disable the phaser, that's super easy, thanks for posting up your findings. Most appreciated sir.

·
Registered
‘10 B5 R/T Classic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, that's the same approach the Tuningschool lays out. It makes sense, I'll just have to go into the variable cam page and disable the phaser, that's super easy, thanks for posting up your findings. Most appreciated sir.
Sure thing brother,

I try to help out as much as I can. Im just fine tuning WOT and stuff for now, ive gotten PT driving dialed in pretty damn good following Tuning School approach. Do you have their book?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Sure thing brother,

I try to help out as much as I can. Im just fine tuning WOT and stuff for now, ive gotten PT driving dialed in pretty damn good following Tuning School approach. Do you have their book?
I sure do have their books..... I went to the first dodge coarse they offered back in 2019. I've been tuning my car using their suggested method and the HPT forums ever since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts