Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
It was easy after some members here answered a few questions.

The instructions included with the kit are good, but they don't detail the procedure to remove the top of the console. (There are several videos on YouTube about how to do it.)

Take your time and you should be done in about 20 min, start to finish.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are you guys happy with this? Is it worth the time and cost to have a Hurst in an automatic form?
It looks cool, but the ball gets hot on a sunny day. It's only been in the 80's here and already it too hot to touch.

·
Premium Member
2014 100th Annivesary R/T
517 Posts
I purchased one, after installing it didn't like the shifter plate fitment, it was loose and would shift around under the chrome bezel. As for the Hurst shift ball, I love it, easy to install and love the way it feels compared to the leather one that Dodge supplies. I had initially put this on my '12 SXT model, I took it off when I traded it on my new '14 model and only put the shift knob back on, I ordered a BT cover plate to put on the '14.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great purchase in my opinion. Does nothing for performance, but it's a great mod to have. It's super easy to install if you follow the instructions down to the last detail.

Tips:

1. Roll the black shifter piece and keep it rolled for an hour or so to make sure it keeps that curved form.
2. Install the metal guide plate too. Just pull up on your console from the bottom to loosen it enough to slide the plate in. Console pops right back in.

If you skip these steps, you run the risk of not being able to shift. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to do it.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
I'm one of the few who dig the white ball/chrome plate version of this...get a lot of compliments on it and if you follow the forums advice, its an easy install!
I've got it with the black ball but would like to get just the white ball. I like mine alot but white would go better with my color scheme............. :5:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I ended up trashing the black plastic trim (what a piece of crap) and then bought the polished Hurst T-handle that made it look "old school" just the look that I wanted. I really did hate the stock set up, look/is real cheap looking!

David

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would like to have one but I think it's over priced for something that really does nothing but look good. Installed many real Hurst shifters in 4 speed cars and you know you got a real product vs OEM.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Reactions: cmchristo

·
Registered
370 Posts
I bought the knob and adapter and couldn't be happier! 5 minute install, looks and feels great, even on hot days.

Reactions: cmchristo

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Looks cool...

I'd install one. I'm just wondering why it's called a "Comp Shifter?" Is it competitive? Shift faster? I think HURST should call it what it is...a "Hurst Cool Shifter."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts