Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurst Equipped plastic emblem. Has 3M backing for installation. Was going to put on my SRT8, but changed mind. $15 shipped and will accept paypal. thanks.

·
Banned
928 Posts
that is the exterior emblem. it is bigger than the interior one.

i could use the interior one. it looks like this. it has an all red "H"

that emblem pic you have posted here is NOT a Hurst emblem. It is a knockoff of the Hurst emblem and should not be considered authentic.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
well, if you are Hurst, you would know.

but, can you explain how my 1997 trans-am ram-air came with this Hurst dash emblem. i ordered the car new and the Hurst shifter was an SLP option. the car came with this emblem on the dash.

did SLP performance make fake versions of the Hurst emblem? and pontiac approved this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll take it. Can do paypal

·
Banned
928 Posts
well, if you are Hurst, you would know.

but, can you explain how my 1997 trans-am ram-air came with this Hurst dash emblem. i ordered the car new and the Hurst shifter was an SLP option. the car came with this emblem on the dash.

did SLP performance make fake versions of the Hurst emblem? and pontiac approved this?
Sure.. Your particular car was a special build of SLP on a limited run. Hurst licenced the use of their name because the shifter was an option on those cars. That badge was created by an outside firm ONLY for those cars, hence the variation from the regular Hurst emblem you see today and have always seen. This emblem was not produced by hurst and there are a couple online websites that sell this emblem as a knockoff of that design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts