Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to design and fabricate my own pistol grip shifter using one of the aftermarket models as a pattern. I'll purchase the grips (carbon fiber) and lower bezel from an on-line vendor.

What I need is a good clear photo of the side view of the shifter on the bench, preferably with the grips removed. Also a caliper dimension of the beam thickness. I'll import the image as a sketch into SolidWorks, and create the 3D model. Then it's a simple task to have the arm and bracket cut in CNC, weld, chrome, assemble, and install.

Once I get this project completed, I'll make the SolidWorks CAD model available to anyone here who can use it.

Cheers!

JD

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,171 Posts
May be a tough ask unless someone has theirs off the car. Found these, some are original B Body shifters, and unsure how close they are to the modern 6 speed shifters

B Body
Bicycle fork Auto part Bicycle part Automotive exterior Font

Wood Tool Hardwood Automotive exterior Font

Mr. Norms
Wood Bicycle part Bumper Hardwood Musical instrument accessory

Hurst
Natural material Jewellery Glass Metal Kitchen utensil

Jewellery Silver Nickel Rectangle Metal

A Guy

Reactions: TXRT

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May be a tough ask unless someone has theirs off the car. Found these, some are original B Body shifters, and unsure how close they are to the modern 6 speed shifters

B Body
View attachment 1037220
View attachment 1037221
Mr. Norms
View attachment 1037222
Hurst
View attachment 1037223
View attachment 1037224
A Guy
Yes, I thought I might get lucky and catch someone who just purchased one and hadn't put it on their car yet. Would be extra good to get a photo with the grips and lower bezel removed.

Thanks for the photos; the last one is something I can start with. I just need a profile to get the overall shape/angle correct. For the shifter interface surfaces, I can pull those directly from my current factory handle and/or the Barton I have in the car currently.

I'll keep putting the pieces together, and hopefully come up with a good CAD model that I can fabricate to.

Thanks!

JD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts