Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the black Hurst Challenger has a very unique spoiler on the back and I was wondering if it was available to the public anywhere?

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
I saw that car today at the B&M Hurst Car Show. As of right now it is not but that might change. As I understand it some of the parts of the Hurst Challenger you will be able to get I just don't know yet what parts yet.

·
Registered
487 Posts
You will be able to buy it.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Hurst is going to have parts soon.

Buckwheat

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gave them a call and left a message. So hopefully I will get back some good news.

God that's a cool piece of kit.

·
Banned
928 Posts
yes, the spoiler was specifically designed for the production vehicles. It may however be offered separately in the "hurst equipped" packages in the not too distant future

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Spoilers do create down force but only at very high speeds. For normal street driving they are cosmetic. However using spoilers to extend the length of the vehicle actually improves mileage. That's why you see spoilers on SUVs and mini vans, to some degree it's cosmetic, but it is functional in that it makes the vehicle longer and believe it or not that decreases drag, thus improving mileage.

You need to be doing more than 100MPH for a spoiler to have any significant down force impact.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I love that spoiler, I really want to buy one. I sent Hurst Sales Team an email last month but no-one ever responded to me. Hopefully they do sell them aside. Still waiting...

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I really likie that spoiler but my thoughts go to waht the back of the car will look like with normal type driving. Now, after 75-100 miles the entire back of the car is covered in dirt and crap with the stock spoiler, I cannot even imagine with that one. It looks like it will create sort of a tunnel effect and catch even more crap.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Man Brucer you are not kidding. I don't even drive on dirt roads and the back of my car looks like it has never seen a paved road after driving 100 miles or so. Maybe we could hang some of that hula skirt looking stuff they put on the back of RV's from the back bumper??? :) And I have got to get a set of splash guards as well...

Did I mention I love this damn car???

·
Registered
937 Posts
I REALLY Like this spoiler too! What is the Dodge Hurst website? I Google for it but not certain?
Google

·
Banned
928 Posts
the spoiler MAY become avail as part of the "hurst equipped" packages , however that one item in paricular has not been determined if it will be included in the "kits" or will remain an exclusive item only avail on the cars

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Any part on a production vehicle can be purchased by the general public. Why? because it is a supported component for collision repairs. You will pay dearly and you may have to wait until inventory is established. Just be patient, and establish a working relationship with a responsible parts person at your neighborhood stealership.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
1 - 20 of 108 Posts