Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Available Now

Hurst Pistol Grip Handle for the 2015-2018 Dodge Challenger/Charger, and 2018 Dodge Durango with Automatic Transmission - Part #5380437

Description:
This new Pistol Grip handle for the 2015-2018 Dodge Challenger/Charger and Durango with automatic transmission is a great way to add a contemporary performance look to your modern day muscle car. Billet aluminum construction is precision CNC machined. The body features a polished finish while the replaceable grip plates have a black anodized finish and display the iconic Hurst name. The grip features a comfortable shape that just feels “right” in your hand, along with a finger operated trigger mechanism for the lockout function. Easily installed with simple hand tools, and carries a Lifetime Limited Warranty.

• 6061 Billet Aluminum
• Trigger Operated Lockout Function
• Modern Pistol Grip Styling
• Easy Bolt-On Installation

Hurst Black Pistol Grip Handle for the 2008-2017 Dodge Challenger with Manual Transmission - Part #1531001

Description:
This new Black Pistol Grip handle for the 2008-2017 Dodge Challenger with manual transmission is a great way to add a contemporary performance look to your modern day muscle car. This CNC machined handle is created from billet aluminum and features a black anodized finish. The grip features comfortable finger cutouts that feel “right” in your hand. A billet aluminum adapter is also included to neatly secure the leather shift boot, and to properly mate with the threaded factory shift lever. Built to last, it also carries a Lifetime Limited Warranty.

• 6061 Billet Aluminum Material
• MIL-SPEC Black Anodized Finish
• Classic Hurst Styling
• Bolt-On Installation

Please call 707-544-4761 or visit www.Hurst-Shifters.com for additional application and product information.

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
I may be blind today, but didn't see any additional info on the website for the A8 version.

I'm assuming that the "illuminated" shift position of the OEM unit is not on this Hurst unit, correct?

Also, what's pricing look like?

Nice looking unit and thanks for any additional info.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,607 Posts
There is now a pistol grip short shifter available for our rides with manual trannies, and looks like it will be the way I go if I decide to do the mod. But first I need to finish modding under the hood. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may be blind today, but didn't see any additional info on the website for the A8 version.
I'm assuming that the "illuminated" shift position of the OEM unit is not on this Hurst unit, correct?
Also, what's pricing look like?
Nice looking unit and thanks for any additional info.
Sorry about that. These handles, along with pricing, won't be available on our website, www.Hurst-Shifters.com, until they are released August 1st. We just wanted to give the Challenger guys and gals a heads up that they are on the way. Good question about the illuminated indicator light. You are correct in assuming that this function is not utilized on our replacement handle.

Any chance we will see pictures or videos of how these look and function when installed?
Yes and yes. Here's a pic. We'll have a video up in the next day or so.

There is now a pistol grip short shifter available for our rides with manual trannies, and looks like it will be the way I go if I decide to do the mod. But first I need to finish modding under the hood. :icon_biggrin:
Thanks for mentioning that. A lot of people may not know that our Billet Plus shifter is also available with a black Pistol Grip handle (part #3916120) for Challenger owners that want a modern look. What are your under hood plans? Supercharger?

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,607 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
The installation instructions seem pretty straight-forward. Now I need to locate a plastic trim removal tool kit because I don't trust myself with one made from metal....

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Shifter

The installation instructions seem pretty straight-forward. Now I need to locate a plastic trim removal tool kit because I don't trust myself with one made from metal....

:pimp: I have a much better idea for you :scratchhead:

Instead of you have to go through the trouble of finding the right tools needed
Just sell me your HURST shifter p/n: 5380437
And I would even pay for the shipping. :browsmiley::thumbsup: :notallthere:

·
Registered
336 Posts
:pimp: I have a much better idea for you :scratchhead:

Instead of you have to go through the trouble of finding the right tools needed
Just sell me your HURST shifter p/n: 5380437
And I would even pay for the shipping. :browsmiley::thumbsup: :notallthere:
I don't have the shifter yet. I just downloaded the installation instructions to see what the installation entails. For example, the OEM shifter remains electronically connected to the vehicle and you need to bury the shifter inside the console just forward of the new shifter.:icon_wink:

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Shifter

I don't have the shifter yet. I just downloaded the installation instructions to see what the installation entails. For example, the OEM shifter remains electronically connected to the vehicle and you need to bury the shifter inside the console just forward of the new shifter.:icon_wink:
This shifter wait sucks, every time I check Jegs/Summit, the if you order now date keeps moving farther away.
For what it's worth I am also on the HURST wait list.
I did find the plastic tools on AMAZON when I had to buy a set to change my start push button to the RED style that I believe SPEEDLOGIX sells or sold.

Come on HURST, hurry up, I have to have it installed before I go to Florida for the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I thought you couldn't replace the shifter handle on the 2015 and up manuals without replacing the whole lever ect, am I wrong? I didnt see no link for a shift handle for a 2015 manual, you got one?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts