·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurst Part #5671520

Application:

Fits the 2011-2014 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Description:

Designed with simplicity and ease-of-install in mind, Hurst’s complete Roll Control kits use the absolute best quality, pre-bent, double-walled, stainless steel brake line(s). In many cases, these hard-lines are superior to OEM quality. Hurst engineers realized when developing these kits that less is really more. Fewer connection points means fewer places where the system can leak and shorter lines mean less time bleeding the system. These kits are direct bolt-in meaning no measuring, no cutting, and no pre-bending; just simple, clean, factory-looking installs right out of the box. With easy, step-by-step instructions, you’ll be blessing the world with thick smoky burnouts and launching like a pro in no time.

Used primarily in drag racing to provide positive locking action to the front wheels of racecars, reducing the chance of “Rolling the Lights” and producing more effective burnouts for heating up the tires. Rigorous testing has proved a 1/100,000 of a second release time and vibration tests have seen up to 30 Gs applied without mechanical failure. Adaptable to most domestic and import hydraulic brake systems. CAUTION: Hurst Roll Control should not be used as an emergency brake, or any application requiring the solenoid to be activated for a long period of time.

Features and Benefits:

-Advanced stainless steel valve assembly for ultimate corrosion resistance
-Field-serviceable for cleaning or rebuilding to original factory specifications
-Fully-enclosed epoxy-molded electrical coil for reliability
-Attractive, finned-aluminum housing helps dissipate heat
-Wider, lightweight base provides better mounting stability
-150-micron screen filtered ports to prevent contamination
-Extra threaded port for separate bleeder or brake line pressure gauge

For additional questions, please call our Tech Line at 707-544-4761.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
This is a great kit. I installed mine yesterday.

Constructive feedback:

1. The only think I didn't like was the blurry electrical diagram and reference to the violet/white brake switch when it's not needed at all.

2. I have the Hurst shifter (auto) and it would have been a cool upgrade to have the momentary switch button mounted on the shift ball. I know there is a company that makes the shift balls. They sell Hurst authorized shift balls with the switch in place but those are for the manuals since they have the shift sequence on them instead of the Hurst logo like the autos.

3. The Hurst sticker on the solenoid came off and was put on crooked to begin with. It's not a big deal but I have the Hurst emblem in my grill so it's nice to show that I have a Hurst solenoid on the line lock and on my shifter during car shows (little details).

Other than that it was an easy install.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a great kit. I installed mine yesterday.

Constructive feedback:

1. The only think I didn't like was the blurry electrical diagram and reference to the violet/white brake switch when it's not needed at all.

2. I have the Hurst shifter (auto) and it would have been a cool upgrade to have the momentary switch button mounted on the shift ball. I know there is a company that makes the shift balls. They sell Hurst authorized shift balls with the switch in place but those are for the manuals since they have the shift sequence on them instead of the Hurst logo like the autos.

3. The Hurst sticker on the solenoid came off and was put on crooked to begin with. It's not a big deal but I have the Hurst emblem in my grill so it's nice to show that I have a Hurst solenoid on the line lock and on my shifter during car shows (little details).

Other than that it was an easy install.
We appreciate the feedback, Pector55. If you would like a couple of Hurst stickers to replace the one that came off of your solenoid, send us a PM with your address or give us a call at 707-544-4761. We'd be happy to help you out. Adding a 12v momentary switch to our automatic shift handle is something that we have talked about and hope to put into action sometime in the near future.:thumbsup: Thanks for your insight.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
What's needed to make this applicable to the 15-16 models?

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
Reactions: HurstPerformance

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
Clean install, Pector55. Nice work! Have you made it into the 11's since the video was filmed?
I've not been back to the track since that run. I went with my buddy who (get this) had to leave early because he was taking his girlfriend to the symphony. I revoked his man card and had I not hit the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift, I think that would have been my 11.999 run.

Since then I put in a Whipple and I have it tuned. Now I'm trying to figure out how I"m going to launch this year. She's got to be around 550 whp now.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've not been back to the track since that run. I went with my buddy who (get this) had to leave early because he was taking his girlfriend to the symphony. I revoked his man card and had I not hit the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift, I think that would have been my 11.999 run.

Since then I put in a Whipple and I have it tuned. Now I'm trying to figure out how I"m going to launch this year. She's got to be around 550 whp now.
Right on! That's a nice setup. Sounds like you should easily be in the 11's at this point. Good luck and stay safe out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts