Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am hoping to benefit from the experience of someone who has completed the install of the Hurst 6 speed shifter.

I started the project today and got through most of it. I have the unit installed and the locking pins in place. The problem is when I go to install the metal cover I cannot get the mounting bolt at the rear of the Hurst unit to align with the stock hole (approximately 1/4" off). The directions do not say anything about enlarging the stock hole not to mention that it seems to be some heavy duty steel so I would rather not have to do that.

Anyone have any suggestions about what might be wrong and/or an easy fix that does not involve me drilling or cutting the factory cover? Thanks.

Here are some pics that show what the situation is:

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,578 Posts
I put mine in around 8 months ago and I had the same problem. The problem is that I can't remember exactly what I did to deal with it. I do know that cutting is not necessary.... so don't cut anything.

You may want to visit Speedy's Garage and look at his video about the install. I think he makes mention of the fix in there.

Don't cut anything.... really.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That rear mount can be moved along the shaft it's mounted on, just slide it whichever way you need from front to back, it can even be rotated side to side to get it lined up! Just twist while your moving it, it'll line up...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
just losen up the fasteners on everything. and masage it into place. I had the same issue also just took a little time and a little love to get it there..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips everyone. I left work a little early tonight and managed to finish the installation so I get to drive it to work tomorrow. After a short test drive tonight I agree that the Hurst unit is much better than stock.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
512 Posts
listen before you tighten up the back stud put a rubber gasket or a piece of the dynmat over the stud to elliminate vibration see you used it on linkage already...also let the cover and stud align it will be approx 1/8" off center to the driver side in neutral. also use the rubber strips between the shifter base handle and shifting block have fun a super combo

oh did you have the 70 upgrade done ? did min last week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts