Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of us that have the hurst shifter and are going to swap out for the barton shifter, what will the value of these old ones be? i have the hurst shifter with larrys mod . will there be anyone that wants to buy these? or will they just turn into a expensive desk paper weight? maybe barton can do a buy back of these and make a u tube video of them blowing up a few hundred of them to send to executives at hurst...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
627 Posts
Id buy a used hurst short throw once you find out a price pm me

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
501 Posts
I will buy yours.....it's a good unit my opinion only........

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
If I didn't have a Hurst pistol grip short shifter, I would still want one, even with the Barton now out for sale. They work well enough, and look TITS! That's the one thing the Barton shifter will never have....

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Put it up and you will find the right price...its still a quality piece of gear that has an iconic reputation...I see crap that sells every day that isnt anywhere near as nice as a Hurst...I know i have seen a few go at 300 bucks...and I even thought about snagging one if I was further down the list on the Barton...heck I even tossed teh idea around of skipping the Barton and getting the Hurst anyhow, with the carbon pistol grip or the old fashioned T-handle like my brothers 60's camaro has....there are still lots of reasons to have a Hurst...

·
Registered
74 Posts
If I didn't have a Hurst pistol grip short shifter, I would still want one, even with the Barton now out for sale. They work well enough, and look TITS! That's the one thing the Barton shifter will never have....
Disagree, hurst has more slop than the barton. Plus anything you can do to stock shifter (pistol grip) you can do to the barton since it can take the stock shifter or flat stick. Plus barton being as new as it is it has not developed pistol grip etc but that's not to say they wont. But again that personal opinion. So I can see where your coming from as far as your preference with the hurst.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
for those of us that have the hurst shifter and are going to swap out for the barton shifter, what will the value of these old ones be? i have the hurst shifter with larrys mod . will there be anyone that wants to buy these? or will they just turn into a expensive desk paper weight? maybe barton can do a buy back of these and make a u tube video of them blowing up a few hundred of them to send to executives at hurst...

IMO there will always be someone to buy it especially since the prices will now be lower for new Non modified ones and even lower for used, I think the Larry mod and the new boxed hurst with the carbon fiber pistol grip will come down a little but overall retain their value. That said, the hurst company probably will not adjust their wholesale prices but the vendors with existing stock may end up doing close out specials once their sales start to decline on hurst products

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

That would be a fun novelty but at the same time cause job loss in china

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
LOL, man talk about counting unHatched chickens, let's compare these shifters now that there are a few out there? Someone first needs to WEIGHT these two as I would bet that the Barton weights more. Also though the shifts may be firmer than stock with the Barton, have seen no mention of shortened throw, and with flat stick to flat stick comparison at TOP of ball (with STOCK Hurst not the shorter stick I and others use which is not even an option on Barton's), it would be also interesting to see which is shortest throw. And finally haven't noticed in pictures if the Barton has a lower dust boot to protect the shifters bearing from the elements, if not I would add one toot sweet! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts