Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting the Hurst lowering springs and sway bars. They are on sale directly through Hurst and I'm getting part of my yearly interest free loan I make the US Government back. The specs say it lowers the car about 1" which seems good to me. Has anyone else used this kit and are there any issues I should be aware of? Such as shocks, alignment, etc...

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The Hurst lowering springs were part of the package on my Hurst Challenger. To my knowledge, they did not swap out shocks nor change the alignment. I'm very happy with the look and ride. They don't ride stiff at all and the handling is very good for a 4400 pound pig.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the Hurst lowering springs and sway bars. They are on sale directly through Hurst and I'm getting part of my yearly interest free loan I make the US Government back. The specs say it lowers the car about 1" which seems good to me. Has anyone else used this kit and are there any issues I should be aware of? Such as shocks, alignment, etc...
Once the Hurst Stage 1 Suspension Kit is installed the instructions state to check /adjust camber/caster/toe. It is recommended to get an alignment after installation of the kit to insure no excessive wear on vehicle components or tires. There are no major modifications necessary, this kit retains major suspension components from the factory. If you have any questions prior to purchase please give us a call at 707-544-4761 and our Support Team can help you out.

- Jason @ Hurst

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just picked this kit up too! Let me know how you like yours, I will probably have to wait a bit to install it all.

I would get an alignment afterwards. I’ve done springs on other cars before, and it will instantly give you some more negative camber when you lower the car. Plus with the rear sway bar you’re dropping the cradle, and Dodge’s specs say to get an alignment check after dropping the cradle.

I picked this up because of the crazy sale and because my rear shocks are blown anyway, so need to swap them out. Depending on your car’s age/mileage I would say good idea to swap out shocks while you’re doing this job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts