Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Barton, Hurst or Stock manual shifter?

• Barton

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Hurst

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Stock

Votes: 5 25.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
• 2020 Challenger R/T Shaker • F8 Green • 5.7 Liter Hemi • 6 Speed Manual
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurst or Barton short shifter? or leave it stock because the benefits (if any) of either don't justify the cost.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Hurst or Barton short shifter? or leave it stock because the benefits (if any) of either don't justify the cost.
I have a Hurst, it was set out to be modified. The Hurst were having reliability problems at the time Barton came on board about a year or 18 months later. Many guys here went that route. You can do some research on here that will help you. Good luck..

·
Super Moderator
17,469 Posts
I've had both - the Barton has my vote.

having the options to use stock shift handle or Barton's optional ones gives flexibility as well

Reactions: Soren

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,360 Posts
Well thanks to the OP I just spent $514 on a Barton. Looks sold me..........silver stick, red letters with white knob in red engraving

Reactions: Soren

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
388 Posts
I bought a Barton after doing some reading on line. Very happy with it; I have a couple of years with it now. It's a big improvement over the original shifter. I haven't messed with the Hurst at all, so can't comment on that one.

Cheers!

JD

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
963 Posts
When i bought mine it had a hurst. Am i impressed? Nope. But i doubt id spend the 500 bucks to put a barton in it. Maybe if i was young and still street raced. But those days are in my past.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts