1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 challenger RT
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all

was wondering if anybody out there has any feedback on this hurst shifter kit

it would be going on an 09 RT, I figured it would give it a nice retro feel. It says “competition shift kit” and some of the reviews mention short throw? I didn’t know that was a thing on automatics?

if you think this kit sucks, what would be a good alternative?

thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
341 Posts
Good day all

was wondering if anybody out there has any feedback on this hurst shifter kit

it would be going on an 09 RT, I figured it would give it a nice retro feel. It says “competition shift kit” and some of the reviews mention short throw? I didn’t know that was a thing on automatics?

if you think this kit sucks, what would be a good alternative?

thanks!!!

View attachment 998016

Not sure about that but for my 2008 auto I really liked upgrading to this Hurst grip on my automatic. My first two cars were stick so I have a habit of resting my hand on the shifter. Really like the cool metal feel in my hand and looks great too!

I used Lou's short stick automatic adapter from Speed Dawg. $32.95

Everything installed nice and easy. Loved the feel of it so much that I made the exact same upgrade/parts on my Daily Driver Magnum.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
404 Posts
I've had my Hurst CompStick on for nearly a decade, albeit the polished plate with white ball version, and never ever had an issue. Well, when the sun's streaming in at certain angles the reflection off the polished plate can be horribly blinding. I love the classic look and bumping the ball in AutoStick feels more natural and solid than the Mopar T-handle.

Reviews mentioning short-throws were probably just mixed with those of the Hurst manual shifter. I know I've read some on Amazon or Summit Racing like that - reviewing Motul brake fluid though I was on a Motul transmission fluid page, yeah?

·
Registered
2009 challenger RT
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had my Hurst CompStick on for nearly a decade, albeit the polished plate with white ball version, and never ever had an issue. Well, when the sun's streaming in at certain angles the reflection off the polished plate can be horribly blinding. I love the classic look and bumping the ball in AutoStick feels more natural and solid than the Mopar T-handle.

Reviews mentioning short-throws were probably just mixed with those of the Hurst manual shifter. I know I've read some on Amazon or Summit Racing like that - reviewing Motul brake fluid though I was on a Motul transmission fluid page, yeah?
I was thinking the same thing, maybe some reviews from the manual got mixed in. I’ll be the first to admit I’ve got a lot to learn on the mechanical side of things, but I’m also not afraid to ask.
Thanks for your feedback on this. I think I am going to order the black!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts