Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dear friends recently I had some issues regarding my Challenger basically the AC door actuator started malfunctioning, this is not a first-time problem and I pretty much already knew how to fix the problem. I already had a lifetime warranty on the piece so I drove to AutoZone and I replaced the piece i installed for the newer one(the piece was no older than a Year) I replaced it and about maybe a month ago I've started having the same problems on top of that the defroster light start ed blinking and on top of that I keep hearing the same noises that were the reason why I replaced my actuator in the first place.
Long story short I got pissed off and I ended up removing the battery terminal and plugging it back on. Needless to say that didn't work out.
Until I figured that it just needed to be calibrated. Without taking it to a dealer shop, what I did was I pretty much repeat it the process as if I was going to remove the AC actuator but I just watched it work , and i figured out the problem. Somehow it was skipped a gear on the plastic piece of it (if you ever had to do this job ypu know what im talking about) so what I did was I removed the actuator after disconnecting it. You have to make sure that the blower is open and you have to make sure that the grooves on the AC actuator is lining up with the grooves on the blower, I know it sounds simple but you will be surprised how many people had the same problem after replacing it. Afterwards Make sure you turn on your car for calibration, naturally the the froster is going to blink again. Just make sure that after it stops blinking go through every mode on it. Afterwards turn it all the way off and disconnect your battery connected again and that should be enough to do it. I believe they should be calibrated and it worked for me. Now it doesn't make a noise I don't hear it click and I don't hear it skipping. And it doesn't do that annoying blinking thing that takes about 2 minutes of your time.

If this also works for you please let me know, and if it didn't work for you also let me know.

BTW, i have a Dodge Challenger 2013.

Thank you again have a great day guys 👍🏼🔥

·
Registered
72 Posts
Eddy
I have a 2013 RT Classic and have no heat, and blinking rear defrost light too.I think may have started during alternator recall??

It is the upper actuator on the drivers side in dash for heat, if I am correct?

You mention grooves line up.... is this the actuator motor gear that sticks out having one tooth off as a reference? How does the correspond to the door position?

What positions should the climate controls be set to re calibrate? I am a bit worried this car has had so many recalls and one rusting at the drivers side rear quarter panel due to the foam. My retirement dream car is a real hassle 36000 km, 22500 miles. So disappointed but trying to fix it. Dealer door rate 139.00 per hour plus tax, so close to 158 per hour here in Canada. I don't have that kind of money now....
I added 2 pics I hope.
Thank you Eddy

Hello dear friends recently I had some issues regarding my Challenger basically the AC door actuator started malfunctioning, this is not a first-time problem and I pretty much already knew how to fix the problem. I already had a lifetime warranty on the piece so I drove to AutoZone and I replaced the piece i installed for the newer one(the piece was no older than a Year) I replaced it and about maybe a month ago I've started having the same problems on top of that the defroster light start ed blinking and on top of that I keep hearing the same noises that were the reason why I replaced my actuator in the first place.
Long story short I got pissed off and I ended up removing the battery terminal and plugging it back on. Needless to say that didn't work out.
Until I figured that it just needed to be calibrated. Without taking it to a dealer shop, what I did was I pretty much repeat it the process as if I was going to remove the AC actuator but I just watched it work , and i figured out the problem. Somehow it was skipped a gear on the plastic piece of it (if you ever had to do this job ypu know what im talking about) so what I did was I removed the actuator after disconnecting it. You have to make sure that the blower is open and you have to make sure that the grooves on the AC actuator is lining up with the grooves on the blower, I know it sounds simple but you will be surprised how many people had the same problem after replacing it. Afterwards Make sure you turn on your car for calibration, naturally the the froster is going to blink again. Just make sure that after it stops blinking go through every mode on it. Afterwards turn it all the way off and disconnect your battery connected again and that should be enough to do it. I believe they should be calibrated and it worked for me. Now it doesn't make a noise I don't hear it click and I don't hear it skipping. And it doesn't do that annoying blinking thing that takes about 2 minutes of your time.

If this also works for you please let me know, and if it didn't work for you also let me know.

BTW, i have a Dodge Challenger 2013.

Thank you again have a great day guys 👍🏼🔥

1 - 2 of 2 Posts