Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Got a 2014 R/T 6spd, with only mods being dodge charger intake tube and catch can. I am looking for a way to "tune" without the dealer knowing. I found Hyper Tech, which doesn't seem to mess with the computer, but Diablo seems to be the preferred choice. Figure if needed i can remove the wire harness before some sort of repair. That being said has anyone had/heard of the dealer refuse service because of hyper tech or Diablo tune being installed, even after tuned back to stock? It seems enough people use Diablo to tune, that the dealer would over look it? Thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Good luck on a finding a dealer that will overlook a tune, I'm sure there are mod friendly dealers around, but I haven't found one yet. The dealer can't void your warranty on the spot for having a custom tune, but why give them the ammunition to give you grief later on if a problem does arise?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,560 Posts
Ive never heard of a customer having a dealer issue due to the use of one of our tuners.
I know of at least a half dozen dealerships that go through 30-50 tuners a minth, selling them to customers as they take delivery of their car on the spot.

Just restore the stock tune before you go in for service so they don't flash over the tune, and there's no worries.

Thanks
this^^^ Did that my last trip to the dealer, no problems.

·
Registered
197 Posts
ive wondered the same thing myself. mine is mostly stock except for a k/n cold air and stock exhaust with flowmasters swapped in and no resonators.... a tuner even with a basic tune could do it some good.... in the past when i drove mustangs, ive always heard that diablo is for the mopars and sct is better for the ponys...

·
Registered
610 Posts
just buy it online... i have even tune rental cars lol :) that was fun! hahahaha.. but yeah going back to op. i go to my dealer for warranty jobs and i have a huge sticker that says DIABLOPSPORT and i even have the trinity on the car.. nobody cares... but when i took my lifted jeep with big tires they refuse to service me.. lol

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
A technician for at a dealership went for a ride with me the other day to listen to a noise the car is making. We got talking cars and tuners and he does a lot of the diesel maintenance. He mentioned a few voided warranties because of tuners, but usually not.

He said he can't see what is done to the computer but he can see how many times it has been accessed/changed...he told me if they see there has been for example only 3 ECM updates for your vehicle since it was new and your ECM has been played with 20 times ... and your vehicle is having engine/driveline issues - they may investigate and pursue not covering the repair under warranty. He said they run into this a lot with the Diesel trucks since so much can be done with them around tuning for both gas mileage and power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.