Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 1 st car that I’ve ever built with out my father pretty much telling me everything he needed me to do and1 st experience ordering parts basically the whole gambit my father died last year at 55 yrs old he always had me working on a hot rod that he was creating probably 5 or 6 total through the years and he would literally spend a fortune obtaining all the parts he wanted/ needed even though we had every single thing we needed to complete these cars and as long and hard as we both worked on them for 1 reason or another we never got any of the 6 completed even though it seemed to b what he wanted more than anything something would always happen and he would have to sale everything we worked so hard on usually because of 6 very nasty divorces at any rate last year he dropped dead of a stroke at 55 yrs old so it didn’t take me long to decide that I would build and complete at least 1 car for him and n remembrance so I’ve been working on my 2014 r/t and I have spent the majority of the $ I had put back but I’ve created a monster and now I’m trying to bullet proof my transmission n the cheapest way possible I’ve been looking at the xp1 rebuilds and I can afford it basically I have right at 3700$ to sure up this and that is including 1000$ core on my transmission if anyone out there could tell me what the best way to do this and have a transmission that will hold up under 850-900 rwhp I’d appreciate it so very much sorry for such a long entry but I could really use your help

·
Registered
369 Posts
What kind of driving are you planning? All out racing? Street racing? Daily driver?
I know you can switch to the gm trans and have either the 3 or 4 speed. With the 4 speed youd need a electronic pigyback tcm to control it. Not sure if the hellcat trans has a stand alone kit for just the trans. You might want to check into AMG parts for the current trans to see if you can build the current trans to hold the hp. Id talk to someone that deals in performance mercedes and ask about trans parts,dependability.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’d do a paramount super pro. There are not a whole lot of options out there really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
Paramount has fallen from favor for many reasons in the Gen3 world for those not paying attention..Hell Raiser Performance Hollywood,FL has become the go to for Nag's or HP's .Chuck knows his sh*t.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts