Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Challenger, and my first V6, to me, it sounds a little bit too screamy, I don't know how to explain it, I feel it needs an oil change, I pressed the Sport button yesterday and revved her up to a 7, and she pulls her weight quite good, but I don't know what to expect in terms of sound, and I have no experience with bigger engines, my last car was a 1.6L

·
Super Moderator
13,538 Posts
It sound like you are hearing valve train noise and are over-revving your engine. What maximum rpm are you hitting? Are you saying that you are revving it to 7,000 rpm? If so, the PCM shouldn't allow you to do this unless someone increased the maximum rpm with a tuner- a big mistake. The 3.6 produces its 305 hp. at 6,350 rpm.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,284 Posts
It should shift right at redline. At WOT the engine has more an Indy car sound then a V8 sound for sure. If you are talking about WOT, sounds normal. This is a lousy video inside the car with a Solo exhaust

A Guy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It should shift right at redline. At WOT the engine has more an Indy car sound then a V8 sound for sure. If you are talking about WOT, sounds normal. This is a lousy video inside the car with a Solo exhaust

A Guy
Yeah it's that noise right there, she does sound a little screamy, I guess I didn't know what to expect from a V6, in my mind I expected roaring all the way through, the way lambos sound, not the screamy Ferrari sound, hope this explains it

·
Registered
183 Posts
@AGuy, that sounds right and just like my '12 Charger. I just have the Mopar CAI on that. I really like that engine, as you can tell from other posts I've made around here. Winds up real nice!

'12 Charger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts