Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Blue Streak 2012 Challenger SRT 392 in late 2014, and been missing it a lot lately.

So I just picked up a TorRed 2016 Scat Pack 8-speed with 5,500 miles. All I can saw is I am happy to be back on the horse. Love the backup camera, the loud exhaust, those hyper-black wheels and that 8-speed auto!

The Challenger came with Technology Group, Driver Convenience Group, Leather Group, navigation, power sunroof and hyper-black wheels. I am planning to get a spare tire kit, a Mopar strut brace, and that's pretty much about it.

She needs a wash, but here are some photos.

Reactions: Grumpy59 and Fawls

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

No idea. Is that something dealers are supposed to be doing...?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man! It's been awhile...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,866 Posts
Thanks!

No idea. Is that something dealers are supposed to be doing...?
Now update are done over the air...the a dialog box will pop up on the uconnect screen during shutdown. A lot of guys with 2015-2016 challengers have lost sport mode after upgrading to the latest firmware. Just curious as to what your uconnect firmware version is?

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
I sold my Blue Streak 2012 Challenger SRT 392 in late 2014, and been missing it a lot lately.

So I just picked up a TorRed 2016 Scat Pack 8-speed with 5,500 miles. All I can saw is I am happy to be back on the horse. Love the backup camera, the loud exhaust, those hyper-black wheels and that 8-speed auto!

The Challenger came with Technology Group, Driver Convenience Group, Leather Group, navigation, power sunroof and hyper-black wheels. I am planning to get a spare tire kit, a Mopar strut brace, and that's pretty much about it.

Add to that yours had SP Appearance Group - the black grille inserts, fuel door are the tell-tale (the tail stripe has been removed which is part of the package). Your seats would also have the SP Bee logo (and the animation in the IP cluster on start up)

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
Welcome back, congrats :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now update are done over the air...the a dialog box will pop up on the uconnect screen during shutdown. A lot of guys with 2015-2016 challengers have lost sport mode after upgrading to the latest firmware. Just curious as to what your uconnect firmware version is?
Hmmm...good to know. I will have to check.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Add to that yours had SP Appearance Group - the black grille inserts, fuel door are the tell-tale (the tail stripe has been removed which is part of the package). Your seats would also have the SP Bee logo (and the animation in the IP cluster on start up)
The seats have stitched red "R/T", there's no IP animation, but both floor mats have Super Bee logos.

·
Registered
15,074 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts

New Challenger looks great - welcome back! Coming from a 2012 6-speed myself, I was amazed at how much faster the 8-speed auto is. I don't miss my 6-speed at all! Curious to see how you feel about it... I should say though, I see you're still on 245s on the rear, you're not going to go too fast on those! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New Challenger looks great - welcome back! Coming from a 2012 6-speed myself, I was amazed at how much faster the 8-speed auto is. I don't miss my 6-speed at all! Curious to see how you feel about it... I should say though, I see you're still on 245s on the rear, you're not going to go too fast on those! ;)
Thanks!

Yes, I was floored by the 8-speed!

It made me realize how crummy my shifting was...LOL

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then looks like previous owner did some mods. R/T on the seats means it did not have the scat pack appearance group and he changed the grille and fuel door.

Put your VIN in place of this one to get the equipment listing ..

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZBT6JH172192

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Yes, there's no evidence of appearance package on the build sheet.

I do like the blacked out grille and fuel door, though. Especially on TorRed.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congrats on the Scat and welcome from Hellinois. Nice cars!!!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Very nice. Makes me want to trade in my 2010...

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
Am I remembering correctly that you bought a Jeep after the last Challenger? Still have it?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Very nice car. I have a 16 also in torred but with shaker. That red just pops. Enjoy my friend:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts