Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order a R/T 6speed, with the "exterior app group" ie hood scoop....

Hey guys, whats new. I went to the dealer to check out the challengers, very nice, test drove is what sold me.

So yesterday i went to dodge.com and spec'd out a 2011 rt with the 2000.00 option of the "exterior appearance group by mopar" ie the hood scoop and spoiler, decals...

I spec'd out a toxic orange and it went thru, TODAY i try it again and it says only available in BLACK like the 2010 '10 limited edition challenger.

Can you order that package in all colors? Just found out green with envy is SRT8 only....

My dealership does not have any literature, what does this stripe look like? Does it look like the '10 challenger?

The car i had them build me has....
HID lights
Leather group
20" wheels
6 speed
and the before mentioned appearance package...

Black only for 2011??????

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

·
Registered
102 Posts
Black has been the only color that I have been able to order for cars with the exterior appearance group. I wish that this would change.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to clarify, 2011s right? I'd like to get a white or toxic, I
Don't want black.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For less than $2K you can get a functional scoop; why pay that kinda scratch for a nonfunctional decoration?
I've yet to see in person, but from what I've heard it's functional cold air thru the hood scoop..... Could you fill me in, is the scoop non functional?

With that exterior kit I thought you got the strut tower braces and few other items...

Just had a dodge friend punch this package in the j plus package
Said it would go thru

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2010 R/T with the ext package. I love it but its nonfunctional and around 500.00 for the kit to convert it over. I wish now that I would have bought a regular hood and than spent money on a shaker hood system.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys!! Sounds like a geico commercial, I just saved 2000.00 from ya'lls words of wisdom. I had no idea it was a fake scoop. Dealer said it was like 2010 car they just sold... Guess I'll look into interior upgrade

Thanks so much guys

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
you could get the ext appearance on white r/t's as well as black ones. i saw a white one on the lot before i bought mine. in 2010 the scoop was non functional, in 2011 the hood itself may be functional to the engine bay but you'd have to order the underhood kit (part from mopar10) for 500.00 and install it to make it functional. Regardless of functionality, i still prefer the TA hood scoop looks over the non scooped hood. Mine is semi functional to the engine bay, someday it will be fully functional.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see a yellow one in your avatar. Do you have better pictures of it you could send to me? [email protected]

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Function or non-function was a big deal for me. When I first saw the hood scoop on the 2010's with ext. app. pkg., those were the only cars I considered. Then I found out it was just an adornment. Sorry, but IMHO it's one thing to have the little dual scoops on a hood for adornment, but something that big needs to WORK, even if it's just to vent the engine compartment.

I then moved from cars with that pkg., to the Classic which has functioning dual scoops (small) and very, very, nice classic forged wheels! If I could ever get a genuine Mopar hood painted to match with a functioning scoop, for around $1K, I would do it, but I doubt they'll ever be that price.

The 2010 Mopar 10 does have the functioning, big hood scoop. And by functioning in all of these I mean it just is open and vents to the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
And by functioning in all of these I mean it just is open and vents to the engine compartment.
Actually the mopar10 routes air into the CAI, not just into the engine bay. My TA scoop vents into the engine bay, once i put a air box on it will vent to the intake and be fully functional.

I see a yellow one in your avatar. Do you have better pictures of it you could send to me?
You can see all the pics you'd ever want to see of a yellow one at my photobucket pages. http://s1046.photobucket.com/albums/b469/Lord_Warlock/

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the hood man. Looks great, i ordered a black with leather HID lights and 20s. With the 6 speed and trac pack this morning.

Thinking of camshaft and a turbo down the road so i opted for the standard hood.
I got the 1000.00 rebate and 1% under invoice

Its going to be a long 30-45 days

Now i can figure on getting some stripes, and few other goodies

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
with mine i only really liked the TA challengers in the 60s, wasn't that big a fan of the challenger otherwise (i had a charger so was partial) so when i got the new one i opted to get the ta hood as a visual thing, yes i wanted it functional, still do, but a little extra air from the hood really isn't going to make a dramatic difference overall, so didn't really care that much about functionality, i knew i'd make mine functional if for no other reason than to show it off at meets/shows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts