Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a R/T, 2017 - 2020. I live in Massachusetts.

Must haves: Auto, Tor-Red or White Knuckle, 8.4", Blacktop high on the list as well but not required. I have looked at all the vehicles on every website and am coming up empty! What am I doing wrong? Is there just nothing available at the moment?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

Must haves: Auto, Tor-Red or White Knuckle, 8.4", Blacktop high on the list as well but not required. I have looked at all the vehicles on every website and am coming up empty! What am I doing wrong? Is there just nothing available at the moment?
Must be doing something wrong. I visited www.autotrader.com and selected 2017 to 2019 used Challengers, white or red (torrid red/octane red were not choices), automatic, R/T, any distance from me -- I'm in northern CA -- and got 449 hits.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
391 Posts
I don't know where you are in Massachusetts so I used an arbitrary zip code that turned out to be Wendell, MA.

Here you go ..... https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=01379&transmission=A&makeIds=24&showNegotiable=true&sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&distance=150&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c29713&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c26376#listing=257115325

2019 Challenger R/T, White Knuckle, Blacktop Package, 8.4 with Nav, Certified Pre-Owned .... Cargurus has it rated as a great deal.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
alot of dealers move thier inventory via ebay as well. you can locate the car & dealership via ebay searches , then contact them directly to work a deal, bipassing ebay.
this time of year is not challenger/charger season, so pickings maybe slim acrossed the country, closer to spring summer for best selection but higher prices. good luck

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
423 Posts

Looks like this one meets a lot of your criteria...

I bought my last RAM 4500 Cab & Chassis truck from this dealer. Since this is a new leftover 2018, it’s been trimmed to the bone, I’m sure. In any event.....I’m only about 1.5 hours away from them if you’d like me to go eyeball it for ya. I can also get you my salesman’s name as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like this one meets a lot of your criteria...

I bought my last RAM 4500 Cab & Chassis truck from this dealer. Since this is a new leftover 2018, it’s been trimmed to the bone, I’m sure. In any event.....I’m only about 1.5 hours away from them if you’d like me to go eyeball it for ya. I can also get you my salesman’s name as well.
That is actually Kentucky! Wow, thanks for the offer though! I kind of forgot to mention, I would like very, very low miles. I am in touch with a dealer in OH about an R/T Plus wiht 2k on it! We shall see!

·
Registered
423 Posts
That is actually Kentucky! Wow, thanks for the offer though! I kind of forgot to mention, I would like very, very low miles. I am in touch with a dealer in OH about an R/T Plus wiht 2k on it! We shall see!
Fly in.....drive back. Since it meets a decent amount of your criteria, I thought I’d throw it out there. A small sacrifice of travel time won’t be so bad. Additionally......you could bond with the new car on the way back. :LOL:

·
Registered
848 Posts
You gotta think the problem is New England at this time of year.

Dealers are unlikely to want the car you describe in their inventory at this time of year. Selling cars is all about "turn-over". The car your looking for is a hard sell at this time year in our "neck-of-the-woods".......it could easily sit and be a DEAD MONEY investment for months. Right now it's all about SUVs, trucks and AWD cars on the car lots in New England.

Come March or April I think you'll find plenty of cars available. Even private sellers.......less like to be trying to sell now. I'm not looking to sell but if I were.....I'd probably wait until spring. I know interested buyers are more plentiful at that time of year and many cars like you describe are already socked away in storage for the winter at this point.

All of this changes come spring!!

On the flip side......I'd keep an eye out anyway.......trade ins happen all year 'round and if the car you're looking for does come in on trade it could be "priced to move" in a really tough selling environment.....again because no dealer wants a dead money investment on the lot. Holding out for a great selling price could see him sitting on the car for many months. That's an opportunity cost loser dealers never want.

Be patient,and you just might find a GREAT DEAL on a used Scat Pack if you can see your way to widening you color and option "must haves" a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I found one I like - the color is my third choice but I could live with that. R/T Plus, loaded with sunroof, leather etc. - 2,000 miles on it for 31k. What would you pay for it? I am thinking 29 tops.

·
Registered
423 Posts
What model year is it?

·
Registered
423 Posts
2018. I should have mentioned that lol
Have you by chance ran the monroney sticker for an exact list of goodies?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just recently went through this process myself. I was picky, too. Needed to find the right color, with the right mileage, with a clean/clear title, a CarFax or AutoBuy report that was decent, and located geographically close, because I knew that I would have my purchase shipped to me. I used the big search services (CarMax, CarGurus, AutoTrader, Ebay, etc). I found my car on Ebay in a neighboring state, and contacted the seller early on in the process. His asking price/opening bid/buy it now price was too high and I told him so. The car did not sell, and it was relisted at a realistic price and I bought the car. The downside to buying a car like this is the issue of trust and the issue of time. Both parties must trust that the other party will follow through honestly and quickly, and then it takes time to get the car and title transferred to the new owner, etc. Looking back, my deal worked out OK, but there were some moments when I wish that I had of purchased the car locally and could have done business face to face.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Been there. Took me 2 months to find mine. I wanted a 2015-18, Torred red, 8.4 display, STP and Nav. I checked all the car apps daily and finally found what I wanted and it sold before i even called. A month later I found her. 2016 with all the options I wanted and it was a Shaker. Found it on the Carfax app. It was in NC. I called and negotiated the out the door price, gave a $500 deposit and flew down 2 days later. My brother lives in NC, picked me up at the airport and we drove to the dealership. They had her all prepped, I looked her over and noticed she had the Scat Pack Stage 1 package and the dealer had no clue. Took it for a test drive and closed the deal within 20mins. It was painless. After spending a couple days visiting my brother I drove her the 600 miles home. It was an awesome experience. Hold out for what you want. It will eventually show up. DO NOT settle, you will regret it.
best of luck in your search !

·
Registered
423 Posts
They had her all prepped, I looked her over and noticed she had the Scat Pack Stage 1 package and the dealer had no clue. Took it for a test drive and closed the deal within 20mins.
Great find! What city in NC did you buy it? Did a little searching regarding the Stage 1 you mentioned, and found this:

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
391 Posts
Well, I found one I like - the color is my third choice but I could live with that. R/T Plus, loaded with sunroof, leather etc. - 2,000 miles on it for 31k. What would you pay for it? I am thinking 29 tops.

Did you pull the trigger?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts