Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger RT Classic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my two week old SRT, enjoying the sunny day, another vehicle passed on the other direction,
a rock went and cracked my windshield. I am sure that I cursed for over 15 minutes after that,
and then I think I cried.
Does anyone knows how much a windshield replacement will cost me? Is the windshield identical on all challengers?:disgust:
Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Sorry, man. The same happened to my white 392. I managed to get the chip fixed somewhat for $45.

Does your Saskatchewan insurance cover the windshield?

When I lived in British Columbia, many years ago, ICBC did --IDK if they still do, though.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger RT Classic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think they do, I just got it inspected, did not got qualified for full insurance replacement value because the dealer plated it for two months before selling it, however I can get windshield replacement, if the windshield is in good condition..... So I will have to swallow this bill and get the insurance after..
Funny how bad luck works, I fixed the previous chip, so I can get the insurance, and on my way home from the shop got another rock!!!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
When I had to replace my windshield because of a baseball...... The windshield was $498.99
My deductible was $500.00

Go figure how that all works out......

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Likely are rocks sprayed in winter left on the road

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Driving my two week old SRT, enjoying the sunny day, another vehicle passed on the other direction,
a rock went and cracked my windshield. I am sure that I cursed for over 15 minutes after that,
and then I think I cried.
Does anyone knows how much a windshield replacement will cost me? Is the windshield identical on all challengers?:disgust:
Thank you
How big is the crack? If it's smaller than a dollar bill, it can be repaired. Have you tried Safelite?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts