Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Differences in driving manners between the 2 are going to be almost insignificant.

The bigger difference is found in both color and the "IN YOUR FACE" bold nature of the Graphics package on the TA.

You'll have to decide what you want and who you are........ there is NO ESCAPING the "Boy Racer" image of the TA. The SRT392 is the far more reserved pick of the two.

Some people want their muscle car as BOLD AND BRASH as it can be......while others will cringe at the idea.

Knowing yourself and who you are and what you want the impression to be of the car probably is the most significant difference between these two choices.

Both are good looking cars........but one will stand out more in a crowd than the other.......you either like that or you hate it. Not many people will be in the middle.
2nd That. Couldn't agree more. Who am I kidding-Go with the T/A!:wink3:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I can't thank everybody enough for your feedback! After LONG consideration I've arrived at a decision... I've put money down on the SRT 392 and pick it up next week! My very first Challenger... I'm SO excited! Here's why I ended up going with it:

1. This car will be my daily year round driver for 5-8 years, and since my commute is 35-40 minutes each way via country roads the selectable ride control that the SRT 392 offers is too good to pass up. I'll use it... A LOT.

2. The SRT 392 flat bottom steering wheel and blacked out gauges (instead of the T/A's white gauges) put a smile on my face. Since I'll be looking at that for most of the time I think that's an important good thing.

3. In my humble opinion the satin gray wheels that the SRT 392 has are far more appealing than the solid black ones found on the T/A.

4. Despite not LOVING the exterior color of the SRT 392 I made peace with the fact that I will in fact like the combination once I get the vinyl stripes added. I was able to bounce this off a few of my local car buddies and they agreed... it will work.

5. The additional savings helped take care of most of the cost of a Mopar 8 year / 125,000 mile Maximum Care warranty so I'll be set for the duration that I own the car

·
Registered
384 Posts
nice choice, but lol I’m partial to SRT’s, out of curiosity, what color is it? I was dead set on an SRT when I bought mine last June, while not important to some, I just had to have Car Play support, so I went with a new “leftover” 2017 as opposed to a used and much cheaper 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Even though I'm obviously partial to the T/A 392 (and clearly don't mind standing out in the crowd in a bold color) I think your choice and the reasoning behind it are solid. You will love the SRT and the power of that 392 and I am sure the adjustable suspension will be very welcome during your long commutes. Looking forward to seeing pictures when you get the car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could also always wrap the car whatever color you want if you really still don't like the factory paint! My Challenger is white, which I love, but I really also love plum crazy so I'm planning on wrapping it purple at some point.

·
Registered
607 Posts
So what color is this bad boy??

21 - 27 of 27 Posts