Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice S/C ! How much HPs and at what PSIs - any examples with #s ?
Who makes it ? I hope not Eaton - as they're known ''HEATon'' . Kennebell ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Here is the first modification that will be the "must have" for the serious performance enthusiast

300SRT8

Jeep SRT8
This is an awesome and clean looking set up. Can you provide more information on the mods that are required to the engine to accept the HP/TQ this unit is likely to generate. Do you need to change heads, cam, to forged pistons, etc.? Or is this unit strictly a bolt-on with no other changes required? I wrote to I-Charger ask for additional info and never received a response.
Later

·
Registered
50 Posts
Stay far away from anything that has to do with GS Motorsports!!!
*2 on that one.

They have a reputation for their SC's blowing alot of Hemis. If I remember correctly it happens because of not getting a proper fuel-air mixture through the intake manifold to two of the cylinders.

Basically six of the cylinders would run slightly rich, and two would run very lean... The lean cylinders would then eventually wear and blow the engine.

In other words, too much boost through the current intake manifold = blown engine. Most Hemis haven't had much luck getting beyond 6-8 pounds of boost so far.

You can find alot of this info on the chargerforums and lxforums.

Edit: That 300C looks to have a different intake manifold now that I look at it more closely... That could fix the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Scott from GSM is an A-hole, he started his business off with Dakota R/T trucks. He screwed alot of people and left all of us with a bad taste in our mouth. The storys are countless and just wrong on a few accounts.

I have also read how he has blown up a handfull of Hemis with his supercharger kits. No surprise there, he is a salesman much more than a car guy. If you want to test your luck go ahead, I have been there and done that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Scott from GSM is an A-hole, he started his business off with Dakota R/T trucks. He screwed alot of people and left all of us with a bad taste in our mouth. The storys are countless and just wrong on a few accounts.

I have also read how he has blown up a handfull of Hemis with his supercharger kits. No surprise there, he is a salesman much more than a car guy. If you want to test your luck go ahead, I have been there and done that.
You were right!! He is a crook!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts