Dodge Challenger Forum banner

I did something stupid

6K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  garyahouse 
#1 ·
It was an average day in the Bay Area.

I came out of work and entered the highway behind the slowest merger in existence. Extremely peeved at the fact that this speed-limit roadblock decided to hog the middle lane while the carpool lane was active and the left lane was completely empty, I began to explore my options. Do I pass on the right or the left? All three lanes are empty as far as I can see.

Wait a minute, the highway is empty at peak hour? I looked behind me and saw the car who merged after me, nothing else. There was no other entrance/exit on this flat, cramped highway for another mile, and if this wasn't some sort of sign from above, I didn't know what was.

I merged left and gunned it from 60 and didn't step off the pedal until I saw another soul.

What followed I can only describe as biblical as I was already slowing down to ~80 mph, the entire left lane (3 cars) merged right to let me through, like the red sea splitting open.

What a lovely day.

P.S. I will likely never ****ing do that again, holy **** what was I thinking.

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
Past 11? And it will be 53* tonight??? What for 15 minutes? That is HOT. I had the heat on today..............a little.
First time........first heat. I changed the filter first so I didn't get that smell. Kinda miss that smell.

#25 ·
Single car in HOV lane minimum fine is $481 + 134MPH = Jail time, and a HUGE fine. You Dodged one!

A Guy

#27 ·
Was stopped on 101 in morning traffic once with the occasional car going through the carpool lane. Guy 2 cars in front of me suddenly, and of course slowly, pulls into the carpool lane...right in front of a car doing 60+. The car travelling 60 actually went left of the merging car, up on the barrier, and ended up in front of the merger. He hit the merger of course, but that scary maneuver (viewed right in front of me) likely saved someones life. A rear end accident with the rear ender going 60, and the merger perhaps 5 would have been nasty! A Guy

#36 ·
A few years ago I was the one in the HOV lane, a yahoo pulls in from STOPPED traffic and VERY slowly started to accelerate. I was doing ~70 but was on the watch for just such a bone head thing. The lane was wide, hard on the brakes, hard on the horn, move to the left of the IDIOT and missed him while staying off the wall. People sometimes just don't think. Yes, you have 2 or more and qualify to be there but LOOK first then only when SAFE, merge and STAND ON THE GAS!

#30 · (Edited)
xxxxx

#39 ·
I was just thinking, you posted this just two weeks after enduring Hurricane Irma. Had I decided to climb into my car at 1:00 am that morning, I could have "enjoyed" triple digit speeds without even starting the engine. The wind was pounding my Challenger at 105 mph. I've got the body shop receipt to prove it. (I was lucky: one small dent and a few scratches on the roof).

#35 ·
Eh, it happens to the best of us, don't sweat it. :clap:

Although, I will say, it sounds like it is way more work for my Challenger to get to 135 than what it sounds like it is for yours. :disgust:

But hey, it's like I always say, my little V6 can do anything the Hemi's can do, but it will take me longer to get it done...sometimes a LOT longer:

Reactions: flyhalf
#37 ·
This is "Merica"!!!! We use fahrenheit! Not that Hillary Clinton fake Celsius crap!!!:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.