Dodge Challenger Forum banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
When streaming Audio via blue tooth, Steering wheel mounted audio controls can control the music on your phone. Advance a song or go back

·
Registered
8 Posts
Turn off all limiters in 09 challenger

on the 09 challenger pushing the button to turn off traction control only turns off a portion of the limiters in the vehicle. In later models you can hold that button for 5 seconds and it does the trick but in the 09 you have to follow these steps:

1. remove the start/stop button
2. insert key FOB
3. start motor
4. the car must be moving faster than 15 miles per hour
5. turn the FOB to the right as if starting (the car's computer is intelligent enough to know it is already running so you will not be engaging the starter again
6. hold the FOB to the right until you hear two chimes
7. look at the dash where the traction control light is at you will see a different light for the traction control. When you see that different symbol you are completely unlimited.

WARNING!: when you follow the steps above it also disengages safety features such as anti lock braking so be careful with it and have fun! The difference in the car is noticeable when you turn off the traction control by pushing the button. It is really noticeable when you unlock everything.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
on the 09 challenger pushing the button to turn off traction control only turns off a portion of the limiters in the vehicle. In later models you can hold that button for 5 seconds and it does the trick but in the 09 you have to follow these steps:

2. insert key FOB
3. start motor
5. turn the FOB to the right as if starting (the car's computer is intelligent enough to know it is already running so you will not be engaging the starter again
7. look at the dash where the traction control light is at you will see a different light for the traction control. When you see that different symbol you are completely unlimited.

WARNING!: when you follow the steps above it also disengages safety features such as anti lock braking so be careful with it and have fun! The difference in the car is noticeable when you turn off the traction control by pushing the button. It is really noticeable when you unlock everything.
Interesting! What other limiters are you talking about? Speed limiter, I assume, and you mention it disables the anti-lock brakes, but what else? Also do you have to do this every time you start the car, or does it stay set once you've done it one time? I'd hate to give up my push button start, lol.

·
Registered
871 Posts

2. insert key FOB
3. start motor

In my 09 you just hold the button for 5 seconds and it does the trick. I've never had to do this. Just tested it again.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hey gang. Just picked up a new 2014 Shaker this morning. Hated to give up my 2009 R/T, but, damn! What a sweet ride this thing is!

Pardon me if this has been addressed before.

The first tip question I've got about the Shaker is about the hidden EVIC display. On the 2009, I would simultaneously hold down the music note and compass buttons for about 6 or 7 seconds and the thing would pop up. I don't seem to have these buttons on the new steering wheel.

Anyone know how to get to the hidden display?

·
Super Moderator
15,766 Posts
Hey gang. Just picked up a new 2014 Shaker this morning. Hated to give up my 2009 R/T, but, damn! What a sweet ride this thing is!

Pardon me if this has been addressed before.

The first tip question I've got about the Shaker is about the hidden EVIC display. On the 2009, I would simultaneously hold down the music note and compass buttons for about 6 or 7 seconds and the thing would pop up. I don't seem to have these buttons on the new steering wheel.

Anyone know how to get to the hidden display?
It sounds like you hold the UP arrow button (with odometer and outside temp readouts) for 10 seconds the release, next hold DOWN arrow for ~ 5 seconds then you'll get into the readout that shows software info screen and part #...

Use the up arrow and you'll cycle through the various menus like the earlier '08-'10 EVIC does.

Getting out of extended menus appears to be you shut off ignition, then cycle on and should reset back to normal EVIC operation.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It sounds like you hold the UP arrow button (with odometer and outside temp readouts) for 10 seconds the release, next hold DOWN arrow for ~ 5 seconds then you'll get into the readout that shows software info screen and part #...

Use the up arrow and you'll cycle through the various menus like the earlier '08-'10 EVIC does.

Getting out of extended menus appears to be you shut off ignition, then cycle on and should reset back to normal EVIC operation.

Thanks, Hal! Worked like a charm.

However, is there no way to make it stay up? On my 2009 R/T, when I got into the hidden EVIC, it would stay there each and every time I fired her up. It only went back to the normal display when I told it to. Am I gonna have to set it up every time I start the car?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Am I gonna have to set it up every time I start the car?

Yep. :|

Over time, you will learn how to count out a well-measured 10 count, even if you're not a musician.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yep. :|

Over time, you will learn how to count out a well-measured 10 count, even if you're not a musician.
Actually, I am a musician - a drummer, in fact. I have no problem counting, it just sucks that I need to do it every time I get in it. I like having the display window that shows me the digital speed, RPM, engine temp and battery all together. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they would change the programming. Being a old school, analog guy, I thought all this 21st century technology was supposed to make things more convenient.

The other beef I've got is with the remote window capability my 2009 Challenger had. For some unknown reason, they removed that feature some time in 2011.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Actually, I am a musician - a drummer, in fact. I have no problem counting, it just sucks that I need to do it every time I get in it. I like having the display window that shows me the digital speed, RPM, engine temp and battery all together. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they would change the programming. Being a old school, analog guy, I thought all this 21st century technology was supposed to make things more convenient.

The other beef I've got is with the remote window capability my 2009 Challenger had. For some unknown reason, they removed that feature some time in 2011.
Actually, the page you are accessing is for engineering and diagnostics. It was never meant for customer use.

·
Registered
758 Posts

I'm a musician as well... :) Primarily, I play bass. (and, I can manage to demonstrate some level of proficiency on 6- and 12-string acoustic guitar, and piano/keyboards)

They removed it? Works fine on my 2011 ... [my car's birthday is 04/29/2011]

Press the "unlock" button once, doors unlock.
Press and hold the "unlock" button a second time, windows will roll down until completely down or you let go of the button.

My gripe is that they didn't do the same thing with the "lock" button, to roll the windows back up!

Reactions: RickLB

·
Registered
77 Posts
Another item that I found helpful was that the power outlet at the front of the console is "selectable" for either power all the time or switched off with the ignition by moving the #18 fuse. I personally like it live all the time for charging my IPOD when I'm not in the car.

Reactions: extacee

·
Premium Member
624 Posts

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
How to access the hidden EVIC is different from the 09/10 and 11-14. I would feel sure that it has changed again for the 2015 models with the new instrument cluster.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not all Challengers have the EVIC menu. Mine only tells me outside temp,odometer ,eco mode and trip odometer. EVIC is not standard on all Challengers.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts