Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found out the stock R/T with STP will stop pretty well! Headed home last night about 1am after a date, I was cruising about 70MPH on I-10 west with my HID's on bright lighting the way when all of a sudden I see a whitetail deer cross the road way up ahead, I didn't think too much of it as I see lots of deer but then the darn thing stops after already crossing the road, looks my way and takes a Kamikaze charge straight at my car!!! I slam on the brakes and change lanes to try missing the deer and it follows me into the other lane, at this point I notice it's a really big doe, I've never really tested how fast the car will stop but I stopped just before hitting the deer and it stopped it's charge, looked at me for a second and ran off, when I got home I noticed I stopped so hard BOTH rear seatbacks had flipped forward!!!
Moral of the story... Watch out for crazy female deer!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
The darn things run at the sound of rustling leaves but they will stop in their tracks when they hear a car. I've been driving since 1984, I've been commuting 80 miles per day for the last 15 years, and the only 2 accidents I have ever had were both deer strikes.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I agree that the STP brakes on the R/T are very strong! Best brakes I've had on a car. Of course Brembos are the best, but still, my brakes have saved me many 'a times. Glad you and your car were okay.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Glad everything turned out well.

·
Banned
290 Posts
I really hate deer. Gives me the willies driving cross country, especially at night, and they are all around me in the middle of nowhere texas. Dumbest animals on earth, at least hunters keep their population somewhat in check, thank god for that.

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
How long did it fake for the pounding in your chest to subside? Nice to know it turned out well for you. Why weren't the seat backs locked in place?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hunting season here and now more than ever, you'd better be ready to brake as the deer are in rut, spooked and on the move. Saturday I had one of the biggest does I've seen jump a guard rail in front of me in the middle of the afternoon. Timber with pickups parked adjacent=skittish deer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts